New Special Assembly Day Program ( Sept.2003 )

by Blueblades 29 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Back in the olden days, there were 2 circuit assemblies each year. When I was in HS, it started Friday evening, FS Saturday morning, and program the rest of Saturday and Sunday.

A few years after that it was shortened to all day Saturday and Sunday. And then it was shortened to one day (Saturday or Sunday) and called the Special Assembly Day. Instead of the DO visiting, the circuit would be paying for a Bethelite and his wife to come for the main lecture. A circuit's status went up when it was some Bethel heavy.

What reason were you given for the shortening of 2nd circuit assembly to a one day assembly?

• micheal
    micheal

"Brothers we just another reason to use the word "special", you see when words like these are used it promotes a feeling of unity, innocence and goodness. Thus by using the word "special" you get sucked even closer to this mind controlling cult in which we get one step closer to owning your souls. What do you mean the microphone is on?!! You told me it was off, you %#&*@#$, give me that!!!!"

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz
    The part"Help Your Children Take Delight in Jehovah"will provide practical suggestions and will demonstrate how this can be done.

I believe "Beat Them In the Head With a Hairbrush So They Go To The Meeting" is just one of the talks on the symposium

• integ
    integ

There is nothing "Special" about the day....And the dubs know it.

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

Ummm. Special Assembly or Circuit Assembly--September? October? Is there anywhere I can see a calendar online? Thanks!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    What reason were you given for the shortening of 2nd circuit assembly to a one day assembly?

Here in Oz this started out with great fanfare......but as the years have gone by, it's now a 'ho-hum' type of thing, both from the R&F and from the Bethelites too. In some respects, it's a kind of "booby" prize, so that the worst of speaker is sent, just to give him something to do.

Cheers, Ozzie

• greven
    greven

For all those people that want to know the contents of this special assembly without sitting thru 8 mindnumbing boring hours I will give a short resume:

Hear only the Watchtower's voice.
    See only the Watchtower's way.
    Speak only the Watchtower's word.

In short: the usual Watchtower mantra

Greven

• Rush
    Rush
    All in attendance WILL derive comfort and encouragement from the visiting speaker's first talk,"Guarding Our Hearts in a Troubled World - New Advances in Pacemaker Technology".

laugh out loud, SYN, laugh out loud.

• ninecharger
    ninecharger

That Kindumb Misery IS great literature - I'm already sobbing like a baby and I ain't even seen it!!

• SYN
    SYN

Gotta love those Dubs!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit