New Special Assembly Day Program ( Sept.2003 )

by Blueblades 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Theme:Serving Jehovah With a Complete Heart.( 1Chron.28:9 )

The circuit overseer will discuss "Helping Others to Serve Jehovah With a Delightful Soul."Interviews will highlight the joy that results from cultivating interest and conducting Bible studies with people who want to serve Jehovah.

All in attendance will no doubt derive comfort and encouragement from the visiting speaker's first talk,"Guarding Our Hearts in a Troubled World".

In the afternoon,the part"Extending a Helping Hand"will consider how we can assist others.What can parents do to shield their children's hearts from wrong influences and help them draw close to Jehovah?

The part"Help Your Children Take Delight in Jehovah"will provide practical suggestions and will demonstrate how this can be done.

Final Talk."Maintain a Complete Heart in Serving Jehovah,"will focus on four essentials aspects of our spiritual maintenance program.

How much time and energy do we devote to earnest prayer,to studying God's Word,to zealously preaching,and to associating with other Christians?Can we improve in any of these areas?

BTW. The question was asked at the outset."What Can We Look Forward to Learning?

Your Comments concerning this" New Special Assembly Day Program "are invited.

Blueblades

• minimus
    minimus

Are you sure this is new? I think this was the same type of theme and program in 1966.

• Gopher
    Gopher
    "Helping Others to Serve Jehovah With a Delightful Soul." Interviews will highlight the joy that results from cultivating interest and conducting Bible studies with people who want to serve Jehovah.

What interest? Who is paying attention to JW's any longer? All that many have to do is a brief session on the Internet, and they'll know better than to get involved with an extremely controlling / false prophesying group like the J-dubs.

"Guarding Our Hearts in a Troubled World"

The WT Society causes anxiety and confusion with their maze-like doctrines and their constant demands to do more, more, more. The best way to guard oneself is to steer clear of Watchtowerism.

"Extending a Helping Hand" will consider how we can assist others. What can parents do to shield their children's hearts from wrong influences and help them draw close to Jehovah?

The best way to shield children is to get them away from the pedophile perverts that roam around with the full knowledge of the elders, at assemblies and meetings. Yes shielding children from wrong influences involves helping them steer clear of JW's. It is unsafe for children, as many JW victims of pedophiles can tell you.

How much time and energy do we devote to earnest prayer, to studying God's Word, to zealously preaching, and to associating with other Christians? Can we improve in any of these areas?

They want more, more, more because their numbers are not increasing very fast and their influence is waning. They've got to get more mileage out of the people they already have. Notice how little attention is given to helping others who are physically or financially deprived, like widows and orphans. Instead it's study, study, study, preach, preach, preach and if time associate with others.

Sounds like another fine spiritual meal.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Hi Minimus ! I'm positive it is NOT new.The Society is calling it a NEW SPECIAL ASS'Y DAY PROGRAM?????????

The material Talks and Demonstrations same old same old?????? Nothing New.

Hi Gopher ! Great review! Hitting the nail right on the head again.

Blueblades

• minimus
    minimus

Blue, I knew that. I was kidding with ya.

• shamus
    shamus
    How much time and energy do we devote to earnest prayer,to studying God's Word,to zealously preaching,and to associating with other Christians?Can we improve in any of these areas?

Seriously, now... how much freakin' more do they want? I never got my "studying" done b/c there was waaay too much to do.

How can you assosiate with other christians when your life is filled with nothing but study anyways?

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Hi Shamus! The august KM.Front page article calls the ministry invigorating! The title is " WORK THAT REFRESHES " The word REFRESHING is used SIX times in five pars. The word INVIGORATING three times.

So, do more and you will be refreshed and invigorated!

Minimus,I know,Iknow,thanks

• shamus
    shamus

I did just go for a swim in the Shushwap lake, and am refreshed... guess there's no need to the troff now....

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    In the afternoon,the part"Extending a Helping Hand"will consider how we can assist others.What can parents do to shield their children's hearts from wrong influences and help them draw close to Jehovah?

You know there will be somethig about the evils of the internet and this looks like a good spot to fit it in. "What can parents do to shield their children's hearts from wrong influences and help them draw close to Jehovah?"

Excuse me a minute well I barf

Will

• micheal
    micheal
    The circuit overseer will discuss "Helping Others to Serve Jehovah With a Delightful Soul."

Delightful Soul? Who in this organization has a delightful soul? If at one time they did they certainly don't any longer. It has since been punched, kicked, spit at and sucked out. So now there is nothing but an empty shell of what they used to have.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit