Pro UN Awake articles & NGO application forms

by Noumenon 17 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• hooberus
    hooberus
    Also, are copies of official blank NGO and DPI application forms from 1990 to current available somewhere on the net, or can anyone direct me to a source that has physically checked them out?

Original copies of what the Watchtower filled out (both NGO and DPI ... which are I believe being witheld) would be best documentation of what the watchtower knew. Next to these, blank forms would be excellent from these years. Finally descriptive brochures (both NGO and DPI) from these years would also be helpful. I have seen a 1994 DPI descriptive brochure giving the requirements, but earlier ones would be more confirming.

The best documentation for witnesses on this general subject (the wild beast) comes from the Watchtower itself:

"The wild beast that you saw was, but is not, and yet is about to ascend out of the abyss, and it is to go off into destruction. And when they see how the wild beast was, but is not, and yet will be present, those who dwell on the earth will wonder admiringly, but their names have not been written upon the scroll of life from the foundation of the world." Revelation 17:8 NWT

"We cannot but admire the high principles embodied in the proposed League of Nations, formulated undoubtedly by those who have no knowledge of the great plan of God. This fact makes all the more wonderful the ideals which they express. For instance, it has been made plain by President Wilson and the advocates of his ideas that the proposed League of Nations is more than merely a league to enforce peace. They would not have us consider it to exclusively from the standpoint of politics or of military relations. It should be considered as fully from the economic and social points of view. The President's idea seems to be that the League of Nations which he proposes would stand for world service rather than mere world regulation in the military sense, and that the very smallest of nations shall be participants in its every arrangement. In other words, his idea undoubtedly is that the league shall not be established merely for the purpose of promoting peace by threat or coercion; but that its purpose, when put into operation, will be to make all nations of earth one great family, working together for the common benefit in all the avenues of national life. Truly this is idealistic, and approximates in a small way that which God has foretold that he will bring about after this great time of trouble." Watch Tower February 15, 1919 p.51 reprints page 6389

• zev
    zev
    He's obviously a man of few words that Zev.

yep

• jwsons
    jwsons

Try Me

jwsons

• joe_from_kokomo
    joe_from_kokomo

This is a repost from an earlier link, as this article is more to the point of my posting, to wit:
    I too agree that better proof should be available for the skeptics out there, and it probably is available to UN employees or researchers.

I took the time a couple of weeks ago to write to the UN, to their PR dept., requesting confirmation of the WT's UN affiliation. I even included a SSE envelope. 4 weeks and counting with no reply.

This is regretful, as I have a sister who is still IN and I would like to show her real and current proof, not blacked out letters that (forgive me for saying this) someone could have created with desktop publishing software (this is not my skeptical opinion, but you know how true dubs doubt such things).

I am the first to realize the UN is busying policeing the world, but I expected more out of the Wild Beast.

After all, I can remember several corny talks at the Kingdom Hall where a brother told some story about how the UN had "a secret plan that they readily admit to privately" to take over and abolish all forms of religion, since this was "the root cause of all war and human suffering". I bet some of you heard that same BS talk in some form or other.

Looks like to me the Wild Beast is asleep where the Watchtower is concerned... :)

Maybe Simon could register his Web site as an NGO so he can get a library card and get copies of the good stuff from the UN Library for us!!! Ha!

• Loris
    Loris

Several difficulties come to mind

As excellent as Zev’s website is; the truth of the matter is most brain dead Dubs will not accept photo copies off of an evil apostate website. (sorry Zev) Something has to trigger a small part of their brain first before they are willing to venture into such scary places. Something must touch them personally before they will let themselves see the truth about "the truth"

Time is an enemy of issues such as this. The UN continuously updates their website. That means less and less proof about the involvement of the WT with the UN is available on the UN’s non-apostate website. The trail is getting cold. Soon there will not be any hard evidence for a curious J-dub to see. Few J-dubs would ever go to the extreme measures that Zev went to in order to research such a rumor (and that is what this issue is becoming).

Case in point. It is becoming more difficult to prove the Holocaust. The ‘proof’ of eyewitnesses is dwindling as each year more victims die. That is why Steven Spielberg filmed hundreds of interviews of survivors. To preserve the proof.

I agree that a copy of the application for NGO affiliation dated in 1991-1992 would be extremely valuable but it may be impossible to obtain. Why would the UN keep such a thing? Do you have that old employment application you filled out in 1992? How could they know that in 10 years it would be a hot item with thousands of disaffected J-dubs trying to get a copy? I am amazed that Zev was able to find a brochure from 1994.

You do not need to be a UN insider to use the library. No matter what the WT says. Anyone in the world can gain access to archived material. Contact the UN and find out how you can go about it. They will send information to a regional university library for you to look at and copy. How much information you collect depends on your own determination and motivation.

Loris

• jwsons
    jwsons

The criteria for 1967 is not changed at all (we can confirm it by the UN approval list some new NGO in 1992, I post TRY ME" above) why we think DPI of UN change their policy in year 1991 only (to suit WTS ?) then back to the long time policy until today 2003 ?

jwsons To become A NGO (1968)

Go to Here then scroll down and click NGO 27 May 1968 compare with following fax from UN

Page1 (1992) Page2 (1992)

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

jwsons,

FYI, I personally photocopied the 1967 and 1968 official resolutions as long with the updated 1995 resolutions for everyone to see as well. They are at Zev's website along with my essay.

hawk

• gcc2k
    gcc2k

I personally wrote to the UN Librarian, Dana L. and received an email reply confirming that NGO status was not required for access to the UN library, and that policy had not changed since at least 1992. Since I'm not about to reveal my identity, that will not help any active witnesses, but feel free to repeat the effort. I have to say the UN is probably getting annoyed at all the extra work this issue has caused, in replying to witnesses worldwide. It would be simpler to release the WT's application for NGO status.

Again, I have to wonder, would that application be available under some freedom of information act? Or at least a blank copy of the application from the same year?

The link to the brazilian site has this blurb:

As it happens, it is not true. The WTS published a brochure in France which highlighted their work alongside the UN in Africa, pointing this out to try to add to their credibility. When an airplane crashed in Africa, owned by the UN and carrying JW missionaries, it was a matter of public record with the United States FAA. This was way more than a library card.
    Does anyone know what brochure this is talking about, and/or the details of this plane crash?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit