Blasphemy

by ClassAvenger 36 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Inkie
    Inkie

The passage doesn't mention God, but only blasphemy against the Son and Holy Spirit. The Son can be blasphemed because he was a sacrifice both for those who would accept him and those who rejected him. (Romans 11) The Holy Spirit however is a gift that gives life. If you reject the gift, then you're rejecting life. And there is no other source of life except the gift that God gives through Christ, the Holy Spirit.

Inkie

• mizpah
    mizpah

Tinkerbell:

You get an "A" for trying.....haha

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

mizpah - thanks

Inkie - see, you did that so well!!! you should go teach those 'bible scholars' a thing or two!

• gumby
    gumby
    I was asked how come the Bible says that God forgives blasphemy to the Father and the Son, but not the Holy Spirit. If they all are God, what makes the person of the Holy Spirit more important regarding blasphemy than the Father or the Son

I didn't read any of the other posts... but it goes like this.......

There were those who didn't believe Jesus as the messiah, but supposedly those who were touched by holy spirit.......WERE CONVINCED! Since they were convinced.......then to deny it would be unforgivable.

A person who has been "born again" to some believers, are convinced. They proffesed belief in christ at first........then when god feels they are genuine, he baptises them with "Holy Spirit" as a recognision to them that they are one with him and in him. Again....if they turn their back on that.........his sons sacrafice has been spit upon and there is no forgivness left.....as they have "sinned against the Holy Spirit".

Thats the Christian veiw to many......not mine

Gumby

• Panda
    Panda

The early church could not decide which letters or gospels concerning Jesus to use as canon and which ones were OUT. Ireaniusn and Valentinus among others were disputing, disclaiming and setting structure according to what they wanted to teach.

TheCoptic Christians of Egypt believed that the Holy Spirit was the female portion of the godhead. She had always been incorporated and allowed for the acceptance of female prophets etc. Isis is a good example. The mother influence was easily accepted as it stil is with certain kabbalistic teachings.

Indeed the Hebrew word for spirit is gender biased and feminine.

Of course this is yet another instance of "who really wrote the Bible?"

• Francois
    Francois

Here we all are, a teeny tiny itsy bitsy almost invisible subset of the set, and we are about describing the entire (we think) set. Now, if that's not an ant screwing an elephant and expecting a response I don't know what is.

This is a perfect example of the ten blind men describing the elephant. It is to larf. The mortal, finite mind of man essays upon the immortal, infinite, eternal mind of God. I think I'll have a beer on that one.

• christopher
    christopher

mizpah I went back and checked my history and I am right. Why dont you check out the council of nicaea. I dont hate anybody I dislike zelots. For the person who ask me to look at that rediculous web site about noah, well what can I say?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit