Blasphemy

by ClassAvenger 36 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mizpah
    mizpah

Christopher:

You might want to sit quietly by yourself and analyze why you have so much aggression towards Christians and Christianity. Then, you might want to get a good history book and read it THOROUGHLY and come back to share your new found knowledge with all of us.

Thanks for sharing in this "sad conversation."

• mizpah
    mizpah

Meadows77:

Very good point! Even some of Jesus' healings were attributed to Beelzebub by his enemies. They simply refused to recognize the workings of the holy spirit. They had God's son in their midst, they observed the miracles he was performing and they heard the message he proclaimed. In a sense, all three were products of the holy spirit: Jesus' birth, his miracles and his message.

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

this topic really caught my interest so i quoted the scripture in Matthew and posted the question on a bible study forum to be answered by one of the bible experts there.

here's what i got for a response:

answer: The key begins in verse 24.
    Matthew 12:24 But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.

Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is not recognizing Him as the Spirit of God, rejecting Him who is the one who draws us to Christ. If we reject the Holy Spirit calling Him evil as the Pharasees did, we can't come to a saving faith in Jesus Christ."

to which i responded:

"so why is it forgivable to blaspheme against god and the son?"

Their most helpful, enlightening answer was :

Answer: Dear brookelynne1982

"so why is it forgivable to blaspheme against god and the son?"

Better minds the my own may be able to answer your Q more fully. But for now, consider what Jesus said:

Matt 12:31 "Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven people, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven

What more does one need to know?

John Reformed

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I guess you learned a lesson, eh brookelynne smartypants?

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

yep, they sure taught me!

sadly i did not go away. i'm still trying to correspond with this guy and make sense of what basically amounts to the huge runaround he's giving me, and it's getting sort of funny although a little frustrating...if i get a straight answer from them i'll be sure and post it....but dont hold your breath, kids!

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

and what cracks me up the most is, when you've received one of these lame attempts at an answer, they send you a little e-mail entitled - "Your Bible Question Has Been Answered!!!"

uh, " No It Hasn't!!!"

• meadow77
    meadow77
    uh, " No It Hasn't!!!"

ROFLMAO

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

i just got three or four of the most convaluted replies i've ever seen, they made no sense and i called them on it, i'll post them if anyone wants to read them later, but here is the final verdict. i *think* they got sick of me.

DRUM ROLL, PLEASE!! Answer is (and this is the whole thing, too):

Blasphemy of the 3rd person of the Trinity, the Holy Spirit, will not be forgiven. Why we don't know. But in His personhood He is distinct from the Father and Son.
  • mizpah
    mizpah

Opps!

I think we're slipping into a discussion of the trinity again.....

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

mizpah - that's ALL they wanted to talk about, i kept having to steer them away from it forcefully, but they just couldnt get over it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit