Alcohol and the Witness

by Maverick 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Odrade
    Odrade

LMAO @ Farkel! I must have sat next to one of them at the last Memorial I attended! Stinkiest brother ever!!!

• Maverick
    Maverick

Well, I am a happy man...Farkel posted a comment on my tread!!!Maverick

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

aint that the turth, I can remember at the richie family reunion in lapier mich. jerry woods my father in law would grab a beer after beer with the rest of the heathons and say DONT TELL ME WITNESSES CANT DRINK, we all just laguhed at him. but we did that if he was drinking or not.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Kilroy woz here!

• Disheartened
    Disheartened

Jads, you wrote:

"I have read this post and I feel that people just don't have a live if all they can do is sit back and boo-hoo about the "wicked" Watchtower Society.."

Well, why join this forum? Isn't that why we're here. Why did you join the forum?

Anyways, I have known quite a few elders who drank heavily. Also, I even know of an elder who actually built a bar in his home so his daughter (who went to school to be a bartender) could serve drinks at gatherings. Go figure.

• rik
    rik

I think witnesses are the biggest closet drinkers -- I was,but what else was there to do? Everthing is forbidden.I've been out 7yrs and I 've learned that there were a lot big drinkers {drunks} in positions of power--after I escaped.Never saw it in the hall though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit