Today's Watchtowe Study, Child Baptism

by BluesBrother 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sir82
    sir82

This series of articles is confusing and incoherent, to say the least.

Baptism is presented as essential for salvation, yet whether you are baptized or not, you are accountable to God and liable to be killed by him

So, tell me again - if I'm already liable to God prior to baptism, how is it that baptism is so essential?

If Toyota sends me a bill every month for leasing a Corolla, and if somehow I am legally obligated to pay it even if I didn't sign a contract, well, what's the point of signing the contract?

Here's what I see happened: As this week's article pointed out, there are hundreds if not thousands of JW "youth" who are in their late teens or early 20's who still live with mom & dad, & who still show up at the KH, but are not baptized. This bugs the nuts off the COs, and they fire off angry reports to the Service Dept., which gets them riled up, which in turn riles up Morris & co. on the GB.

The Writing Dept. is tasked with scolding the kids and their parents via these articles, but of course the message is inherently contradictory as I pointed out above. So you end up with the jumbled word stew in these WT articles.

• asp59
    asp59
    Yeah well fashion this days if you are young is tight pants. In according to that they will have hard time finding young brothers that meet requirements anyways 😄😁😂😊
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Thanks to all who commented, and any who may still.

I heard that comment that likened it to the age of criminal responsibility, it was totally nothing to do with it.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

I was having breakfast with her ladyship and I asked her how the meeting was yesterday. She said the watchtower study was very good explaining that child baptism was discussed etc etc and that it was very balanced. She even went on to explain how the WT discussed why disfellowshiping was necessary to keep the Cong clean.

I said I understood to a degree why they want to keep the Cong clean, but that they are too extreme with this and that the rank and file follow what they put out there in their videos and literature. However in the shepherd the flock of God book which only the elders are privvy to, there is a loop hole they use if brought to court ie a person will not be disfellowshiping if they insist on associating with their disfellowshiping/disassociated relative as long as they don't discuss anything spiritual. That they will simply lose some privelages.

She says I know that! I said how did you know that? She said everyone knows that. I said they don't. And that you are one of the privelaged few that know this. I said why does watchtower tell us not even to even answer the phone or email our own disfellowshiped relatives? She couldn't answer.

I emphasised that this is a loop hole they use for legal reasons in case someone brings them to court over the issue.

Watchtower are very clever and duplituous in what they feed their rank and file. They are experts at mind control.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

If a kid is old to enough to decide to get baptized at the tender age of ten, then they are old enough to decide whether or not they want to get out of bed on Sunday mornings and go to meetings. There shouldn't be talks about the non-negotiable rule of parents bringing any children under their roof (even those in their late teens) to meetings.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

According to WT a child is old enough, physically mature enough, and emotionally mature enough to decide to make a life-long commitment at the tender age of six...so shouldn't it follow they can decide to fall in "love" and get married at seven or eight? Or be allowed to drink alcohol at that age? Or to enter into a loan agreement to purchase a home, or vehicle at that age? Or...well we all get the point. I just wish WT would get the point,...right up the a--!

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

IThis goes against everything they taught from their beginning. So many of those absolute truths I was indoctrinated since my birth in 1951 have not only changed but been the opposite of the "inspired" truth they enchained people with. How many miles of sands of lies have they built their organization on. How many lies does a person believe until they finally say, "I will not trust anything you say anymore, because you are a liar"!

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence
    Wasn't Jesus 30 years old when he was baptized?
  • CookieMonster
    CookieMonster

Its disturbing. A child who is baptized can be easily manipulated by a sexual predator in a position of authority in the congregation. Imagine an elder abusing a child and telling him or her that if this ever gets out the child will be disfellowshiped, thrown out of their family home, will never see mummy or daddy again and die at Armageddon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit