Today's Watchtowe Study, Child Baptism

by BluesBrother 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yes I was told if I didn’t get baptised I’d die at Armageddon. My conductor basically said: “we can’t say for definite you need to get baptised or else killed, but if you ask me that’s how I understand it”.

• AverageJoe1
    AverageJoe1

@slimboyfat

My mother told me if I was old enough to ask if I’d be destroyed at Armageddon for not being baptised, then I was already accountable to God. Seeing as the end of this system was coming before the year 2000 I got baptised as a child out of fear!

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

A female in the congregation I was at made the comment about the mother who wanted her child to wait in case they did something foolish, "The Bible tells us in Proverbs 22: 15 that foolishness IS tied up in the heart of a young one, so they WILL do foolish things as they grow up. But it also says that the rod of discipline will remove it. So how unloving the parents would be if they denied their child the loving discipline that disfellowshipping is from Jee-HO'-Vah!"

I kid you not, this b--ch basically said we gotta dunk them and disfellowship them to show then we "love" them!

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

The scepter of disfellowshipment cannot be applied to young ones who are not baptized which means they can leave the greedy clutches of the Watchtower Corporation and still have a decent communication with mom and pop and some of their friends at the KH.

The younger they can get them baptized the longer they can exploit them in to corporation servitude with the threat of disfellowshipping for noncompliance to corporation directives. The Governing Body definitely have a child abusing mentality which is getting harder and harder to hide. They are right up there with the catholic churches abuse of choir boys.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/hundreds-of-boys-abused-at-storied-catholic-choir-in-germany-new-report-says/2017/07/18/fe0bb4ae-6bb6-11e7-abbc-a53480672286_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.41d317829c27

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The more children who get DFed, the more inheritance goes to WT inc. when the parents die.

• Nrs83
    Nrs83
    Glad I missed this meeting.... Didn't want my child listening to this...
  • steve2
    steve2

Children know everything. When they become adults, they realize how very little they knew.

Baptism into a religion such as JW organization needs to be limited to adults. But, of course, if it were limited to adults, there'd be virtually no growth in the organization.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

I have never been more bloody angry as sitting through this bullshit. The idea of pressurizing kids into signing away their freedom before they are old enough to decide what they want for breakfast is nearly criminal.

There are several new mothers in our congo. I went round after suggesting that it was time their kids got babtized. No one was amused. The d/f issue came up and it was agreed that the issue was not resolved by the WT comment.

How can any kid who has not yet experienced sexual feelings and drive commit to the strictures of WT celibacy, no outlet for sexual expression at all.

Absolutely horrible, I am ashamed to have anything to do with it.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Call it a tactic of coercion, the WTS wants people under their control for various reasons including money.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit!!!!! I can't believe how low this cult has gone. I was told over and over by this cult that the parents was accountable for their Minot children. When I was ten years old all I care about was playing baseball, fishing on the lake and ice skating. I was never told I was old enough to get baptized at ten or even fifteen. These knuckle heads don't have a clue about children and how the feel or think. How could they? They never had kids of their own for the most part. The god they represent is making him out as some kind of horrible child abuser. Like all abusers they have no boundaries. This shit makes me so mad. Still Totally ADD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit