UK POSTERS - WILL YOU VOTE BLAIR !?!?!?

by Hamas 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Gordy
    Gordy

My father born in 1899. Went to sea when he was 14,merchant navy, torpedoed 3 times in First World War. Served for 20 years. Worked on the docks in Liverpool. Had to give up work in 1962 due to injury, no compensation those days. Died 1985.

Yet in all that time he would never voted Labour. Why? Because as he used to say he wouldn't trust them as far as he could throw them. Through his working life, he saw how this party of the "working man" exploited their supporters. Look at the times Labour have been in power, each time they have started well, but end up ruining the economy or somethiing.

• home_and_dry
    home_and_dry

Speed cameras or no speed cameras, with the traffic round there, I don't think anyone stands much chance driving down Welford Road at anything other than about 10mph.

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

Will I vote for Blair?

The short answer is no. I agree with Gordy, but I would widen his thoughts to include every party in this country.

A politician only becomes one to get power and money, not to represent the people, as he is supposed to.

A classic example was the way the politicians voted before Britain went to war in Iraq. The politicians should have represente their constituents, and the overwhelming majority of people were not convinced of the validity and morality of this war, but the politicians still voted to go into conflict. Why? Because they were more interested in their careers and there paycheck than doing their job.

The conservatives voted with Labour, when voting against would have meant defeat for the Labour party.

Tony Blair is a cog in the wheel of a larger agenda, and don't be surprised if he is voted in again to continue this agenda.

• Mutz
    Mutz

I honestly can't see the difference between the two major parties. There are billions of pounds of OUR money going to support corrupt and cruel governments all over the world. These are the kind of things I would like to see stopped. The money would be far better off spent in this country on us, that means all those living in the UK. It's never going to happen though. We don't live in a democracy in this country, it's an elected dictatorship. We vote them in and they do what the hell they like, mostly supporting their friends in 'business'. Having lived through the 80's and seeing the mess made by the Tories I would hate to see their pompous arses back in power. Then again how different is Tony B Liar and his cohorts?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit