UK POSTERS - WILL YOU VOTE BLAIR !?!?!?

by Hamas 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Matty
    Matty

This is the state of the parties politically at the moment based upon their current policies. As you can see there is very little difference between the two main parties politically. (source http://www.politicalcompass.org). People fall into the same trap over and over again by voting "tactically". I think more people should vote for parties with policies that they actually believe in rather than just voting for another equally crappy party just to get the present crappy incumbents out.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I'm an American, and I intend to vote for Blair in the next Parliamentary election. It'd be a great joke if I could somehow fudge a ballot...

CZAR

• Gadget
    Gadget

New Labour and the Conservatives have much the same policies, but at least the conservatives admit this instead of pretending to be the workers party.

Gadget

• Simon
    Simon

Yes, remember most of labours policies have been stolen from other parties

Rememebr the big thing they made out of being "whiter than white" and without the sleaze? They are the worst of them all.

Instead of unimportant things though like a minister bonking his secretary, the labour party have scandals around passports, tax and a whole raft of things. Basically, they are untrustworthy.

As for who is a viable alternative ... the civil servants do all the work and I think a more lean government in terms of ministers and advisors would be a welcome change.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

LOL, the funny thing about it is the Monster Raving Loony Party is REAL!

You Brits crack me up.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Oh come on you guys, you've never had it so good! Whoever was in power you'd be nit picking over something. The country is actually in great shape once you average out the good and bad bits. Don't take my word for it, this is from the CIA's own web site and shows the highs and lows: http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/uk.html

The UK, a leading trading power and financial center, is one of the quartet of trillion dollar economies of Western Europe. Over the past two decades the government has greatly reduced public ownership and contained the growth of social welfare programs. Agriculture is intensive, highly mechanized, and efficient by European standards, producing about 60% of food needs with only 1% of the labor force. The UK has large coal, natural gas, and oil reserves; primary energy production accounts for 10% of GDP, one of the highest shares of any industrial nation. Services, particularly banking, insurance, and business services, account by far for the largest proportion of GDP while industry continues to decline in importance. GDP growth slipped in 2001-02 as the global downturn, the high value of the pound, and the bursting of the "new economy" bubble hurt manufacturing and exports. Still, the economy is one of the strongest in Europe; inflation, interest rates, and unemployment remain low. The relatively good economic performance has complicated the BLAIR government's efforts to make a case for Britain to join the European Economic and Monetary Union (EMU). The Prime Minister has pledged to hold a public referendum if membership meets Chancellor of the Exchequer BROWN's five economic "tests." Scheduled for assessment by mid-2003, the tests will determine whether joining EMU would have a positive effect on British investment, employment, and growth. Critics point out, however, that the economy is thriving outside of EMU, and they point to public opinion polls that continue to show a majority of Britons opposed to the single currency. Meantime, the government has been speeding up the improvement of education, transport, and health services, at a cost in higher taxes.

Englishman.

• Simon
    Simon

We have to rely on "American Intelligence" ?!?!

We have lot's of prosperity ... we just haven't found it yet. There are calls for prosperity inspectors to be sent in.

• Englishman
    Englishman
    There are calls for prosperity inspectors to be sent in.

He he he.

It's a only a couple of weeks since I saw you, Simon, and you didn't look as though you were actually..well...ummm...starving! In fact I thought that you looked postively prosperous!

Englishman.

• Hamas
    Hamas

Wow, we can rely on American Intelligence !!!?!?!?

OMG !!!! We're Saved !!!!!

I watched a documentary on American Intelligence once. It was great to fill out that 10 second gap between taking the first headache pill and the second.

• Simon
    Simon
    I thought that you looked postively prosperous!

Yes, well ... ehem ... I'm hoping to fall on hard times like Ballistic

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit