by ozziepost 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

1. Happier

5. More confident

• Xena
    Xena

1. Happier

Freedom is a good thing...free to be happy and enjoy my life finally instead of putting it on hold forever waiting for "paradise"

2. Sadder

I miss my family sometimes and the hope I had of seeing my parents again.

5. More confident

When you lose the constant guilt and feeling like you aren't good enough it is amazing how much more confident you feel in yourself.

9. More thoughtful

Losing the judgemental attitude has made me a lot more thoughful of other people and more open to new ideas

15. More questioning

Why? Because I can now

17. More fun to know

Well heck this one doesn't need to be explained now does it....I just scream FUN

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Hello Ozzie,

1. Happier Reading what I want, thinking what I want, going where I want

5. More confident No fear of an incriminating slip of the tongue

6. Less serious Now amused by things for which I used to form judicial commmittees

8. Sweeter Pay a little more attention to my wife

9. More thoughtful I hope, trying to make up for years of neglect of my children

11. Wounded My sisters have forced my aged father and mother to shun us

12. Surprised at the revelations of the borg's misdeeds So much they have to hide

13. Knew it all along! Put every doubt in a closet, until the door burst open

17. More fun to know Well, compared to my elder days, sure

Jst2laws

• UpAndAtom
    UpAndAtom

6. Less serious and here's why....

I was just starting my studies in dub-material and getting cautiously excited about it all. At the same time, I was dating what I now realise was a very special girl in my life. She belonged to a different faith and although that faith had it's problems... in hindsight they were nothing compared to the problems I later found out about with JW's. Anyway... I pointed out some 'problems' in her faith... more specifically some of the churches teachings (as JW's pretty much teach you to do)... and I never saw or spoke to her again. I didn't mock her faith badly... and there was no confrontation to speak of... in all honesty I think she still like me a bit... but decided to "fade away" from my life... leaving me all excited and clutching a stupid bible instead of her. That was almost 10 years ago and I still think about how lovely and sweet a person she was. I have missed her. In some ways I never really recovered from that.

• Soledad
    Soledad

lets see

5. definitely more confident, because I dont have to consult my latest Watchtower or Awake before making a decision anymore

6. less serious

13. knew it all along, but I couldnt prove it!

15. more questioning

17. more fun to know

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Let's see...

It's sunday so I've got to go to the meeting and then go out in service... wait! I don't!

So, HAPPIER!!!!

Hey, Ozzie, I lived in Sydney about fifteen years ago. any chance we ran into you? My father was an American engineer who got a year's transfer and took the whole family with him...

CZAR

• Beans
    Beans

Hornier

• Dawn
    Dawn

1. Happier

5. More confident

6. Less serious

9. More thoughtful (for me it's more accurate to say I am more aware. I can empathize with others now in ways that I was incapable of doing before)

12. Surprised at the revelations of the borg's misdeeds

15. More questioning

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Hey, Ozzie, I lived in Sydney about fifteen years ago. any chance we ran into you? My father was an American engineer who got a year's transfer and took the whole family with him... CZAR

I'm afraid not.....but I'm sure he would have seen me!!!!!!!!!! So you could pass greetings from his unknown Ozzie!

• ballistic
    ballistic

I would also have to go with:

1. Happier

5. More confident

16. Ruder

17. More fun to know

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit