We are now 23 Years past Armageddon as the GB stated

by JohnTron7 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• JohnTron7
    JohnTron7

So the end was going to come by 2000 as documented in the magazines back in the late 80's early 90's.. So how did they get the time off so badly ( over two decades and still nothing) since the GB is Jehovah's earthly mouthpiece right ?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

End by year 2000? ...

The end was forecast in 1914, then in 1925 , I remember 1975 .... this expected end just never comes. That’s why the convention this year is all about patience . Boy do they need it !

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

They don't infer a date anymore because it's just around the corner.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I think there might have been one mention that the end would come by/before the end of the century, but that was revised later to a more generic "in our day" reference. I don't recall that there was ever a particular push to identify the year 2000 as the end. By the mid/late 90s, they had settled into a "very close, any day now, right around the corner, later than you think" frame of mind. No specific days or dates, just a general sense that it was about to happen.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Watchtower 1989 January 1 p.12
    "He was laying a foundation for a work that would be completed in our 20th century."
    (The 1989 Watchtower used the term "in our 20th century" in the magazine, but this was changed to "in our day" for the bound volume and subsequent CD library.

Armageddon(tm) came invisibly.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

The end was never forecast in 1914, 1925, 1975 or 2000.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    I think there might have been one mention that the end would come by/before the end of the century,

did they mention which century?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    *** jv chap. 28 p. 632 Testing and Sifting From Within ***
    Based on the premise that events of the first century might find parallels in related events later, they also concluded that if Jesus’ baptism and anointing in the autumn of 29 C.E. paralleled the beginning of an invisible presence in 1874, then his riding into Jerusalem as King in the spring of 33 C.E. would point to the spring of 1878 as the time when he would assume his power as heavenly King
    Ratty - The one who is not serious but pulling our legs said - The end was never forecast in 1914, 1925, 1975 or 2000.

Oi, Ratty I know you're having a laugh with us. But any in doubt can have a quick a butchers at this

https://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/1800s.php

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW
    They don't infer a date anymore because it's just around the corner.

They even have a song with that line in it.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Rattigan. The end was forecast in 1914, 1925 and 1975. They did give a time frame that worst case scenario the end would come by the 1990's when the last of the 1914 generation had past away

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit