http://homepages.picknowl.com.au/hepburn/prophecy.htm#I1975

by OICU8it2 15 Replies latest jw friends

• OICU8it2
    OICU8it2

I don't know if you'll go back to this site page but thank you , Lisa for straightening out this post for me. Sorry you took some heat. =oicu8it2

• shamus
    shamus

This has to be the strangest and incomprehensible topic I have ever seen here....

CONGRATULATIONS (sp?)

CONGRADULATIONS?

CONGRATS?

CONAGRADULALATIONSAYOI?

COM SI - COM SA?

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Obviously this person was not a dub around in the late 60's, early 70's. If one takes most of those quotes out of context with out experiencing what went on at the time and was told to the RF dub, the society never directly said the end would be 1975. The hype was there and it was not just fanatical dubs that were saying it, they were only parroting what was told from Circuit and District conventions and the magazines. I recall studying with an older brother in the early 70's and he would ask me at the start, "When are you going to get baptized?" He would try and scare me by saying, "You know you won't even graduate high school in this system of things". I could go on and on with personal experiences that shows the hype was on and it was perpetuated by the WT society.

Will

• avengers
    avengers
    the society never directly said the end would be 1975

True.

But they did say that the end would come within weeks or months, not years. But it's been 28 years since then.

WATCHTOWER , Aug/15/1968,

"ADAM CREATED AT CLOSE OF "SIXTH DAY"

Are we to assume from this study that the battle of Armageddon will be all over by the autumn of 1975, and the long-looked-for thousand-year reign of Christ will begin by then ?Possibly, but we wait to see how closely the seventh thousand-year period of man's existence coincides with the sabbath like thousand-year reign of Christ....It may involve only a difference of weeks or months, not years."

I experienced the whole 1975 hype. I know exactly what happened.
    Andy...

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

avengers,

I hope I didn't misled with my comments. Yes the society did imply the end would be here by 1975, with comments like "it maybe only a matter of months but days or hours". Like I said I was there like you and heard it all. The only thing the borg has going for them is they were always very careful in the way they worded things. They never said "1975 would be the end of the system". When Freddie Franz was asked that question he said "It could, It could! All things are possible with God." So he never actually said it but he left it open for the RF dub members to jump to conclusions. Although it has been said that Freddie took a lot of flak from other GB members over the 1975 thing. It was all an invention of Freddie's. Also the statement above they even put in the disclaimer "maybe". That way they had an out, even though again the implications were there for the RF to come too only one conclusion. So we were all mislead by a lying, mind controlling cult.

Will

• rocky220
    rocky220

ROFLMAO TO THE 25TH POWER!!!!!!....[i crack myself up!!!!!]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit