http://homepages.picknowl.com.au/hepburn/prophecy.htm#I1975

by OICU8it2 15 Replies latest jw friends

• OICU8it2
    OICU8it2

Pathetic. An apologist for 1975. Cult-induced behavior. I remember being so immersed like this. I was oblivious to the outside and no one could reveal the obvious. How can you reason with someone like this?

• lisaBObeesa
  • run dont walk
  • avengers
    avengers
    For me, these are just some of the reasons why I an confident that the organisation known as The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society as well as the religion that this society represents Jehovah's Witnesses, are doing what is right in the eyes of our creator.

Sounds good. Think I will go back to the Kingdom Hall. ??????

You lost me.

What's your point Lisa?

• Gopher
    Gopher

Avengers --- Lisa merely embedded the web page in her post without comment. I know for a fact she disagrees with the viewpoint of the author.

To the writer of that apologetic article -- and I know you read websites like this (but you won't come on here to "discuss" because you are probably too much in fear of your corporate master, the WT Society),

HOW PATHETIC!!!!

The Watchtower's speculations hardly need any further comment from us ex-JW's. They stand on their own as a monument of guessing at a date, which is in exact opposition to what Jesus (whom you claim is your leader) said that his followers should do.

I lived through the 1975 debacle, and let me tell you: the emphasis within the organization WAS on serving Jehovah for a date at that time. And the Watchtower later blamed this on the "rank and file" publishers rather than frankly admitting that they themselves (chiefly their lead writer Fred Franz) had caused the whole furor with their endless speculation about what would happen at "the end of 6,000 years of mankind's existence here on earth".

Jehovah and his Son (as we read about them in the Bible) would never mislead their people into believing that one particular year would have more significance than any other year. This debacle among many others proves there is no special line of communication between heaven and the Watchtower Society.

Any attempt to prove otherwise is mere conjecture and folly.

• Hamas
    Hamas

WARNING !

alt

• gambit
    gambit

Isn't it true that around the 1975 era we were also taught that JW's don't interprete anything in the bible, thus, that is why theirs is the only correct bible.... something along those lines... I would love to find the article that stated this, if it exists.

Half of what this yahoo says is based upon statements that support "interpretation" of the bible...

This is a sick, devious, and manipulative "Dead Scrolls Society".

gambit

• avengers
    avengers

Thank you for elaborating.

Got it......Andy.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa
    What's your point Lisa?

Argh! I had no point...I was just helping out the person who started this thread by posting the website...I have no point!

Well, if I have to have a point it would be that JWs can defend anything.

_LisaBObeesa

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

I'm wondering if this site was actually written by an opposer masquerading as a real JW...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit