Summary of WT Foundation Quotes

by Vanderhoven7 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Much thanks Doug for the additional information.

• Zoos
    Zoos

Marked

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Hey, Vanderhoven7:

h. Do you know why JWs were adding rooms onto their homes in the early 1920s? (because in 1926 they could call Abraham in Jerusalem and ask him to raise grandma)

What's the source for that one?

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hi FF

(The Way to Paradise, pages 228,229).

You can read the exact quote here

https://archive.org/details/TheWayToParadise

The Way to Paradise, published by the Watchtower is a "rare 1924 book written by W. E. Van Amburgh, who was the Secretary/Treasurer of The Watchtower Bible & Tract Society for 43 years. It is worth noting that in his time W. E. Van Amburgh was one of only five members of the Watch Tower Editorial Committee qualified, as the Watch Tower said, "to approve as Truth each and every article appearing in these columns.” He must have been very thoroughly familiar with all the Watch Tower’s teachings to hold such responsibility. Today many of the doctrines taught in "The Way to Paradise" are no longer taught by Jehovah's Witnesses. This edition includes the biographical supplement, "Who was W. E. Van Amburgh?""
  • Confusedandangry
    Confusedandangry

Wow thank you for this post. I am printing this now to show my brother very soon. I just hope he doesn't dismiss everything by saying they now have 'new light' crappola. pardon my french

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Confusedandangry,

If they keep having "new light", when will they have the True Light? How will anyone know what is Truth, if it is subject to change? Does Truth then matter?

Or is it really a matter of WHO is giving the message, rather than WHAT they are saying?

There are, of course, factors at the very personal and family level which come into play, which you would be familiar with, that override any rationality.

Doug

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

If you are looking for more quotations, here is a listing that was compiled by "Glasshouse".

http://www.jwstudies.com/The_List_from_Hourglass.pdf

Doug

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    "All lies! Apostate lies! Brothers do not be misled! Apostates have gone to great lengths through modern technology and Satan himself to change the wordings of some of our old publications. Remember brothers, Jesus trusts us so you should too!"

• Confusedandangry
    Confusedandangry

@vidiot, Good one! Sadly this is is how everyone I've tried to reason with respond. There is no getting through to people like this.

• Confusedandangry
    Confusedandangry

@dougmason, thank you for the reference. And I agree with you about the New Light. Some people choose not to think critically or for themselves as God, I mean the GB looks down on independent thinking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit