How do you find whose territory you're in?

by asleif_dufansdottir 14 Replies latest jw friends

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir
    I would change it to say YOUR local congregation!

LOL - great minds think alike - I already did!!!

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir
    go the Service Meeting, walk up to the podium and make the annoucement yourself

That would certainly be satisfying

• Odrade
    Odrade

Do the dubs in the territory where you are moving already know you? If they don't then just act as though you don't know them too. Put a sign on your door that says NO JEHOVAHS WITNESSES. If they do knock, point to the sign and shut the door. Probably more effective, they'll just call you a "goat" and leave you alone. If you contact the congregation, some busybody will probably come around anyways just to see if they could convince you to return. If they do already know you, just find the address for the nearest kingdom hall, send a letter to the mailing address attn: territory servant. cc it to the body of elders and your attorney. They should get it recorded in the appropriate territory map, just so all the pioneer cargroups can drive by and stare and point at the "apostate" house. You'll be notorious

My $.02.

Odrade

• freedom96
    freedom96

I still have not been called on, and I've been at my house for 1 1/2 years now. It is gated, but they always find a way in anyways.

Almost kind of disappointed. I could have so much fun with them.

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir
    Do the dubs in the territory where you are moving already know you? If they don't then just act as though you don't know them too.

No, I'm moving 1400 miles from where I was a JW. A couple of things I know of the complex where I'm moving leads me to believe that it's worked fairly often (for one thing, it seems to be good 'starting time' territory).

I don't care if they know whether I am an 'apostate' or not...I didn't mention it in the letter. It was direct and to the point of "stay off my property. No excuses." This has nothing to do with my status as a former JW (fade, never df'd or da'd...although if they look us up in the database when they get the letter at Brooklyn Bethel that might change...not that I care). This has not much to do with my opposition to that religion in general.

I decided I wanted to be proactive because I just don't want to be bothered. I don't want to be woken up on a Saturday morning. I don't want to have to mess with answering the door and telling them to go away. I'm very territorial. If I don't want people on my property I want it to be very clear to both the congo and bethel that they are to stay the hell away.

Besides, I find it kind of satisfying to tell them "NO" before they even get a chance to bother me.

They feel like they have such a right to bother people at their convenience. They have such a righteous attitude about trespassing and religious telemarketing. Well, I don't. If they want to dramatize it as some sort of "opposition" or "abuse from Satan's system" they can...but it's not. They can think I'm "scared" of talking to them or I'm "too ashamed" to face them...not even remotely. All it is, is me not wanting to even have to tell them to go away when they show up at my door. I don't want them to show up in the first place.

As far as the "No JWs" sign...I've known too many zealots who go right ahead even when they see such signs, it even spurs them on, as if to say, "they're not gonna tell me I can't call on them - I have a duty to call on them and shake the dust off my feet." I've even heard elders tell people to call on houses with such signs unless they're officially on the congo DNC list for the territory ("If the territory card doesn't say 'do not call', it's not a 'do not call!"). I feel not doing this "officially" just leaves too much to chance on how that particular individual who happens to come to my door, or their elders, views requests to be DNCs. I'm hoping the legal notice and threat of action will get them to take it seriously.

I've known JWs who put houses down as a DNC if someone was unpleasant to them, and I've known JWs who wouldn't put people down as a DNC, even if they requested not to be called on again, unless the householder was savvy enough to specifically request to be put on the congregation's Do Not Call list (how many householders know that phrase or know that the congregation keeps such records? not many)

I have a right to not be bothered by people I don't want to bother me. I also tell regular telemarketers to take me off their calling lists. I went from 10 calls a day to maybe one a month. I love my privacy. This is about me having the right to control access to my own property.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit