How do you find whose territory you're in?

by asleif_dufansdottir 14 Replies latest jw friends

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

Hey, folks,

We're moving next week, and I've been thinking about sending a pro-active Do Not Call letter to the approprate congregation, just so I don't have to mess with them calling. Is there an easy way to find out which congregation's territory my new place is in?

• onacruse
    onacruse

How about sending the WTS an "Apostate Lives Here, Call at Your Own Risk" letter? I bet that would get cycled through the Service department fairly fast. LOL

Craig

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

While I'm at it, I thought I'd be able to find sample letter that says, 'Do not call at this address, do not call to see if we're still there or interested, check the tax records to see if we still live there rather than an excuse to come to our door, we will prosecute, etc..."

I can't find it. I know somebody has posted that on this site. Help?

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

asleif, you might try the phone book, look in the business section of the white pages.

I happened upon the KH while house hunting in our new town. As we drove down the street I felt the breath sucked out of me as I recognized the familiar ranch style, dull building, with the dull sign in front.

It is now about 3 minutes from where I live. I have been tempted a few times to throw eggs at it.....

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Asleif:

Try www.do-not-call.org

Expatbrit

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Be proactive.

Look up the KH in the telephone book under "Churches" (LOL), and go the Service Meeting, walk up to the podium and make the annoucement yourself.

That ought to do it!

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

Expatbrit

Bless you! Thanks.

Liz

• simplesally
    simplesally

Great letter, I would just change one thing in the letter to the WT........... it says

Notice has also been served to my local congregation at (enter the address of your local Kingdom Hall here.)

I would change it to say YOUR local congregation! Because they are certainly not a congregation I want to claim ownership or allegiance to!!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I prefer to keep a sign on my door that says:

No Solicitation Attention Jehovah’s Witnesses: Get your head out of your ass...
    this DOES apply to you!
  • Euphemism
    Euphemism

If you don't want to deal with the local congregation at all, you can also call Bethel and they will provide the information. 718-560-5000

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit