Meeting Days Felt Different?

by pale.emperor 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• dozy
    dozy

I still remember the sad feeling as a child when I woke up and realised it was a Tuesday or Thursday.

Weekends were no respite - Saturday morning ministry and the Sunday meeting. Sundays especially were a bit of a waste of a day because after the meeting , there was the ministry and so it was 4pm or so by the time you got back home.

• zeb
    zeb

Re weekend ministry. Being new I was lumped with all the teens. Aprt from them slamming the crap out of my car doors and kicking the upholstery they were pleasant company enough. Then I woke up as to why they were sent out into the field while mum and dad were home...... . . .......

• never a jw
    never a jw

Child abuse through and through, and I condoned it. What the f**# was I thinking?

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

About 4 years ago we was invited to a award event for a friend of ours. It was on a Thursday night and we had to dress up. It was the first time I put on a suit in three years. When I was tying my tie I started to feel sick by the time I had my jacket on was on I was in a full aniexity attack. It took about half hour to figure out what was going on. Soon after that I was feeling better. So you see how all those meeting days affected me. I hated them. Still Totally ADD

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

About 4 years ago we was invited to a award event for a friend of ours. It was on a Thursday night and we had to dress up. It was the first time I put on a suit in three years. When I was tying my tie I started to feel sick by the time I had my jacket on was on I was in a full aniexity attack. It took about half hour to figure out what was going on. Soon after that I was feeling better. So you see how all those meeting days affected me. I hated them. Still Totally ADD

This has just reminded me, i now only own one suit. I used to have 4. The one suit i own is only ever brought out for job interviews and special occasions like my partners graduation or a super fancy birthday meal. So i made sure i bought myself a good expensive one instead of the polyester mass produced sweat-bags we used to wear 3 times a week.

• sir82
    sir82

Remember how thrilling - utterly thrilling - it was to wake up on a Sunday morning and see 4, 6, 8 inches of snow....and then hear the phone ring..."what's that? Meeting is cancelled today? OK thanks".

The funny thing is that 90% of JWs, adults or kids, still get that same thrill.

It's a legitimate excuse to miss a meeting - no guilt required.

So much for the idea of how "refreshing" the meetings are.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

oh black-cloud days. I forgot about it but it made me realize where that feeling is coming from.

that no matter how good the day it could turn to be. it would still end the same manner.

thank God we are out.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Yep, remember the feeling, even more when I had an assignment at the meeting. A few evenings preperation.

Never missed this any moment.

Remembering my last assignment at the service meeting, leaving the platform knowing it was my last time there. Never felt better in my life!

G.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit