confused as usual

by joelbear 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

:Salvation is a free gift, but there are certain things a person must do to qualify for the free gift.

Then it's not free, is it?

Farkel

• joelbear
    joelbear

Again You Know and I agree in principle but differ on definition.

I believe god is love, therefore acting in an unloving way is rebellion against god.

You know and most religionists attach complicated agendas to god and his will. Typically this includes the adherence to some type of system or religion that in the end, ends up benefiting those people who are attaching these extra agendas. It can be a material goal or a political goal in promoting a specific group of people over other people.

I think my concept of god is simpler and more useful.

hugs

Joel

• IogicaI
    IogicaI

jkhbedngjbvk;dwe
    bf' ;sj'o[kd; jnk'o#fdb' n'#mn sf
    fp b#gew
    kdnb#s
    skegn# fsg
    eknmg#egpk[fn#
    eglpknmd#zkfse
    lkm #nef
    lgkmn #b
    fel]GKMn#fe]wnke]k

j

jrnr
    jtj

tk,
    tjk,gjhr
    hf,jr
    h

I HATE THE FUCKIN LIMITS!!!!!!!!!!!

• You Know
    You Know

***You know and most religionists attach complicated agendas to god and his will***

The purpose of the tribulation is to scour away all the organizational stuff that has become attached to the faith. When once the smoke of Jehovah's anger lifts, only the true faith will remain, everything else will be incinerated as stubble. That's why the Bible talks about our faith being put into a furnace so as to refine it. Those who emerge from the crucible will have their love and faith refined as gold and will be rewarded accordingly. Those who trust in men, be it Ray Franz or the Watchtower, Howdy Doody, or themselves, will have a very tough time of it. Obviously those who have deluded themselves into imagining that Christ's words won't come true will not even be in the running. / You Know

• joelbear
    joelbear

Our faith in love and in the power of exercising love is put to the test every day almost continuously. I think it is like a trial by fire to continue to stand up for honesty and love against the daily onslaught.

Doing so, I believe enables us not only to be ready for any tribulation ahead, but those that we face now.

hugs

Joel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit