Just a female thing?

by anglise 26 Replies latest jw friends

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Larc,
    Keep the grey you sound extremely handsome to me. Dont tell Zazzu I said that!!
    TW

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Wendy,

Go on, do it! Wot about a nice discreet tattoo in the lower back area. It'll look good with those hip huggers. Go for it... and post a picture for us

I haven't got round to wearing dresses, Hippikon, but I have a closet full of suits and all those business shirts all going yellow with age. Haven't worn them in years, and it feels just great.

BTW why do the JWs and the Mormons insist on business suits for just about everything? D'ya think God cares?

Cheers,

Ozzie

• Prisca
    Prisca

Larc - blue denim and a black leather hat?? Mmm, send me a pic sometime

expatbrit - you don't have the initials "TBT" and used to be in a TV series filmed in England during the 70s, by any chance? LOL...

When I was in, I had 3 sets of clothes - casual clothes, work clothes, and meeting/assembly clothes. Added up to a lot of money come to think of it. I have noticed I save alot by not having to wear Society-approved clothes for the meetings. I still dress conservatively for work becos I'm an "office chick", but I now wear my casual tops a little lower.

• mommy
    mommy

PLH,
    Gecco isn't that the insurance company? Oh never mind that is Geico!Actually you will never guess, one tat I picked out and am hanging on to is the chinese symbol for Harmony I was tinking of putting that on my upper back or chest. I almost did the belly button peircing too, a few months ago, I was laying on the table ready to do it and chickened outBut I will do that too one day.

Ann & TW,
    I think before I get one I will look at it for a year. I actually have one picked out, I found it on the web. The only thing is I can't find it anymore, I prined it out and lost the URL. Just like Ozzie said it is a lower back piece, it will look great in my hip huggers. But it is not little It is a tribal and celtic mix the goes across the lower back almost in a "v" but more subtle.

I say we do it TW together, that would be great. But I want to make sure I am absolutley happy with it if I do put it on my body. TW do you have any in mind?

Safe
    hehee If I could I would burn all my bras too. I never did like wearing them

Larc,
    True story: I had a friend of mine who bought "Just for men", I helped him apply it to his head, and mustache. I don't know what went wrong, but he looked like someone took a paintbrush to his face. I guess I didn't clean it off his face very well lol. He was so mad at me, it took a few days for the stain to be absorbed into his skin. But he will never let me forget how he lost out on a few days work over it because he wouldn't leave the house. But of course I have pictures, so I will never let him forget either

I think Gray is beautiful, and can' wait to have some of my own.
    wendy

• reagan_oconnor
    reagan_oconnor

Clothing: I went overboard when I left. Mini-skirts galore (including a green plastic number that barely covered my cookie), white knee-high go-go boots, belly shirts (belly ring) lots of disco clothes. It went with the "stripper chic" that I was working on.

From mommy:

Does anyone else have tattoos? And what do you have?

Yup, I'm somewhat sorry to say I got a tat at 21. It's a galdor stave, an ancient nordic compass. In the middle of my lower back. (I don't know how to post pics, otherwise I'd put it up here.)

Wait a second...

Ah, there we are! This isn't the one on my back, it's a similar one that graces the left arm of a famous icelandic rock star.

Painful and expensive as hell, was really cool for about 2 years. It's lost its appeal somewhat, but I'm still proud of my personal statement; it was very symbolic for me to never lose my way again.

Oh, and I just had the dentist take out my tongue piercing. Ah, the end of my childhood...

"I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul."

• NoLongerAjw
    NoLongerAjw

HI, I havent posted for awhile... My clothing style has not changed much at all.. i go for comfort.. I only own 1 dress now though.. and NO pantyhose... I did get my first tattoo about 2 months ago... at age 24... me and my hubby went on vacation.. and i just had an urge to get one.. so i did.. it's a butterfly on my back right shoulder... i love it.. and it only hurt a little... now i really want one on my lower back... might do that sometime...

• LDH
    LDH

Regan, I went through the same thing you did, only I think it was caused I moved to California.

It's always HOT here and the less clothes the better...

Great topic Anglise.

No tattoos, I'm to indecisive on which design I want. But I am going to get a piercing, like a month after the baby is born. I want my * adorned, lol.

Mommy KNOWS what I am talking about, lol.

I wish I had the courage to get a tattoo. Maybe something of Eden's name somewhere.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit