Just a female thing?

by anglise 26 Replies latest jw friends

• anglise
    anglise

Since drifting from the org over the last year or so I have been slowly updating my clothes. I thought maybe it was just me who had been dressing like a middle aged matron since I was 23 but whilst talking to a young xsister recently I learnt that she too has thrown out most of the clothes she used to wear whilst a dub.
    Has anyone else found themselves doing this, and is it just a female thing?

• SlayerLayer
    SlayerLayer

Not just a female thing. I used to have to dress to show that I was "no part of this world". Now girl let me tell ya...

Shopping at the GAP J.CREW I got it goin ON!!! lol

Everything changed, including that goofy "clean cut christian" hairstyle.

Stylin and profilin,
    Chris

"Forget the tribe, my pants have spoken."

• Francois
    Francois

Not just a female thing. When I left the Borg, I noticed that I had tons of black slacks, tan slacks, and white and powder blue oxford shirts. And that was it!!

Now I have shirts of every color in the rainbow; slacks of all sorts of colors; no sensible shoes; a beard, steel-rimmed glasses; and I forget what all else.

I'm a free man in more ways than one! Go for it!!

Francoise

• larc
    larc

I sport a gray beard and my favorite atire is all denim - blue jeans, denim shirt and jacket, and top it off with a black leather cowboy hat. I think I will wear that outfit to the Assembly this summer.

• mommy
    mommy

LOL I can't believe only men have replied to this thread.

I haven't really changed much. I left at 18 and I am 26 now, the only thing I probably would have if a dub is dresses. I don't mind wearing dresses or skirt, I just hardly ever do. I think the one thing I do do now and would never had done as a dub is sport a bikini, and hip huggers.

Of course I am seriously thinking of a tattoo. I have wanted one for 10 years now, just haven't gotten up the nerve to do it. I think that would be my major makeover when and if I do.

Does anyone else have tattoos? And what do you have? I will try to scrounge up the tattoo I want online and post it here.
    wendy

• zev
    zev

mommy, your so on the edge

__
    zev
    Sitting on the Wrong Side of the Fence Class

• logical
    logical

larc, heard of Just for Men?

took them a while to get me into a suit... it was straight off and away after each meeting, i would avoid wearing it when unneccesary at all costs.

• Tina
    Tina

Hi wendy,

I have a few :>,hugs,Tina

Carl Sagan on balancing openness to new ideas with skeptical scrutiny...."if you are open to the point of gullibility and have not an ounce of skeptical sense,you cannot distinguish useful ideas from worthless ones."

• SlayerLayer
    SlayerLayer

Hi Wendy,
    I have a celtic interlacing armband tattooed on my left arm. I'm wanting to get another one.

"Forget the tribe, my pants have spoken."

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

haha wendy i just had to reply to you, i have three tattoos. an arm band (but it doesn't really go all the way around....first half hurt like hell!), a turtle on my lower back, left side and a gecko around my right ankle (but i'm getting a new tattoo done over the gecko). i think you should go for it and get a tattoo!

this thread is interesting. i've always loved to express myself thru clothes and was lucky that my 'rents allowed me to dress however i wanted to for school. of course, meetings and assemblies, i was expected to dress modestly, conservatively, etc (puke!) so it was great after leaving, not needing to waste my money on clothing that i'd only wear to meetings when i turned 18, i got my first tat, the turtle.

when i turned 21, i went thru a "stage", not sure what to call it but it was fun i cut all my hair off, bleached it white, got my tongue and belly button pierced and got the arm band tat.

i think i've mellowed out a bit now....but still have fun with clothes and my style. like wendy, i too sport hip huggers and a 'kini now. i think if i were a dub now, (sheesh! i can't even complete that sentence...the horror!) i do still love to wear skirts, long, medium and short but not right away after i left. i've discovered that long skirts are the most comfortable clothing around. and skirts are so much more comfortable in hot and humid weather

anyway....before i get carried away on this whole clothes/tattoos/self-expression deal..lol.

it's great to see others having fun with self expression

lots of love
    harmony

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit