Hot Seat Series #1

by Amazing 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

Mine was already decided before I went in.

I gave a damn good account of things and there was nothing they could accuse me of other than disagreeing with some ever-changing doctrine which couldn't be proved.

I was accused of disassociating myself because I refused to talk to them - their "do you fancy coming for a chat next Wednesday" was really "we want you to come to a JC" and I just got a letter through the post.

After 3 hours with 6 of them they upheld the decision that I was "refusing to speak with them".

I went down guns blazing though

• Gopher
    Gopher

Thanks Amazing Jim for an excellent, detailed post.

It shows that the common experience is for elders to be wolf-like. They have no idea what it feels like to be on the receiving end of Watchtower "justice".

And the fact that they wanted you to "lighten up" a little, that you were too serious at your JC meeting? What, with your whole everlasting future at stake -- what the hell can anyone expect? It is almost frightening to experience this judgment.

Apparently though, the elders who deal with the "little people" can take it all with a sense of humor.

Those JW's who buy into the spiel that the system of committees and punishment that the WT Society has developed is a loving, helpful arrangement from God -- they surely have never had any experience with their feet held to the fire.

• Mystery
    Mystery

You are a great writer - please continue with your series.

When I went before the JC's, my experience was nothing like the stories I have heard on here. I wasn't asked details of my "crime"; basically I was asked if I had had pre-marital sex and I said yes. I was ask when the last time was and I lied and said right before I had received a phone call saying that I had been "turned in".

The brother that was DF’ed along with me would never tell me what happen in his JC meeting. He just said that he had admitted pre-marital sex and that he also admitted that we had been together the previous day of the JC meeting (so they knew about my lie, my meeting was after his) but he wouldn’t tell me what else went on. From this topic and others I have read I wonder what really went on in his. How many details did they ask of him?

Unbeknownst to me at the time and until I found this site actually; I guess elders kids were given different treatment.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Amazing, I always enjoy your posts, and also your written account posted on another thread of your exit out of the Borg.

I wasn't in a JC (Judicial Committee) initially, but I did meet-up with the elders, and told them about 'what had happened'. No, I wasn't disfellowshipped right there and then. I just answered questions: Yes/No.

Because I had moved out of the congregation territory, they had no way of contacting me but by letter. They had my post office box: nothing else.

I remember receiving several letters, and I knew they were meant to 'bring me back', but I remember at the time, that they were just a blur to me, and I didn't respond to the replies.

Honestly, I don't recall whether I was DF'd or not.

Truthfully, I couldn't care less. I'm sure by now, the Watchtower moles have figured out who I am and have gleefully run back to their superiors with the latest scoop on ol' Rayzorblade.

Thanks, to whomever reports me, you've saved me the headache.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit