NWT 1984 vs NWT 2013

by Tallon 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blownaway
    blownaway

Looks like they are pushing the stay loyal to god I.E. us old fat assholes in Warwick.

• Earnest
    Earnest

The Hebrew word chesed which is translated as loyalty in the 2013 NWT is difficult to translate into English, because it really has no precise equivalent in our language. English versions usually try to represent it with such words as "loving-kindness," "mercy," "steadfast love," and sometimes "loyalty," but the full meaning of the word cannot be conveyed without an explanation, such as the one given here.

This was discussed previously here.

• nugget
    nugget

That scripture stuck out to me as it had previously been one I loved. It is a deliberate change of word a deliberate mis-translation. It completely changes the intent of the scripture and sets the person up as a guardian of obedience rather than an active person showing kindness to others.

• MightyV8
    MightyV8

Phizzy

This is simply an example if the JW Org using its Mind Control technique.
    The average JW drone will think subconsciously of loyalty to the Org.

I agree wholeheartedly with this comment, totally brainwashed

So I'm asking what is your view? Am I right, or is the other person right?

Yes you are right Tallon, but you know talking to a brick wall and a jws is the same thing.

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

I looked up the word "chesedh" in the WOL-mouthpiece and it brings up numerous explanations what kind of kindness is meant, it seams that the committee was confused and selected even unconsciously once the right english word.

Perhaps its like in a marriage or friendship bond:

"tenderness" (warmly, fondly) or the more (reliable, confident)

"devotedness/faithfulness" whatever meant, but only different sides of a the coin "love". Seems that this was though a great discovery for the translators that inspired a full convention about loyalty which made "lovalty" to a BUZZ WORD, whereby it was easy to oversee how merciful God was after all and what makes it easy to prolong the fear of Armageddon for a lot of years ahead in this century.

• blownaway
    blownaway

I did not know they took out John 8 1-12 its that way in my 61 edition and 13 edition.

• Earnest
    Earnest

John 7:53 - 8:11 is still included in the footnote at John 7:52 with an explanation.

• fiddler
    fiddler

When I was first transitioning out of jw programming that scripture in Micah was a comfort to me because it DIDN’T include an organization. Things are so Orwellian in all aspects of life these days! Thor Save Us!!! 😄

• intrigue169
    intrigue169

kudos to WT for not putting "loyalty to the governing body"

You know they thought about it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit