It wasn't just one lie about Iraq's WMD...it was 36 lies.

by reporter 17 Replies latest social current

• onacruse
    onacruse

This is one of those rare cases where I feel the ends justified the means. The other day I heard (tho I haven't seen an article about it) that upwards of 300,000 graves have been found, the unfortunate victims of Saddam's regime.

Craig

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Freeman--you quoted all democrats.

Do you think Reporter doesn't like Bush and his policy because he is Republican?

(Just wondering why you figured these were good people to quote?)

• rem
    rem

Did anyone hear what Clinton had to say about Iraq yesterday on Larry King? I think he's got a balanced, educated view of the situation (he has seen much more intelligence than any of us have). He agrees that going in was the right thing to do because of the WMD threat and Iraq's failure to meet its obligations over 12 years. Now we have to focus on rebuilding Iraq.

I certainly respect the opinions of informed Presidents and Prime Ministers who actually get intelligence briefings every morning over conspiracy theorists. Especially when these leaders represent various sides of political ideology. Why bicker over the past? It's done. Let's focus on the future of Iraq.

rem

• freedom96
    freedom96

Great post freeman.

A post above mentioned that most of the information about Saddam's kids came out yesterday after they were killed.

I have read about his sons for years, even liberal Time magazine had an extensive article about them a couple of months ago.

• reporter
    reporter

Ridiculousness crosses party lines! Tom Daschle, Joe (Zionist) Lieberman, Al Sharpton, Nancy Pelosi...USELESS!!! geez I feel sorry for the Dems if that's all they got in '04. Howard Dean and Dennis Kucinich are the only ones worth talking about, that are not Republican-Lites!

Other than that, it looks like it's Bush until '08 unless he's impeached.

But what if he's impeached? Do you really want John (Mr "Patriot" Act) Ashcroft as your president?

Yuck.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Rem,

I heard that, was hoping to find it on the net, but didn't.

• freeman
    freeman

You know Yeru, these people are like the Borg, they hope that most people will just be lazy and not research what they have said in the past on a given issue. And just like the Borg, their own words come back to bite them in the ass, they are their own worst enemy. Chances are they will never be challenged on this. Most likely the mainstream press will never call these guys on this due to the fact that they seem to connect with each other ideologically. In that sense the mainstream press and the left-leaning folks seem share a common ground. BTW, that’s not a criticism, just an observation.

I do have a fear however, and that is that this so-called idiot Bush is letting these guys politically hang themselves (once again) and then like a magician pulling a rabbit out of a hat, the WMDs will make a sudden appearance at a most inopportune time, like maybe just before the election cycle. Would that dumb-as-a-stump Harvard MBA Bush really do that? I just don’t know.

My fear is that with all these democrats jumping on the bash Bush because we were deceived bandwagon, I’m afraid the shock and awe of such a disclosure proving Bush once again correct could mortality wound the Democratic party. As much as it would be fun to see this from an entertainment perspective, I really don’t want to see that happen. I think we are much better off with a balance of terror, I mean power, each party keeping an eye on the other. You can’t get that balance when just one party dominates. Just my thoughts.

PS : Jonnadandy, I quoted democrats because all these people are now questioning the honesty of Bush about WMDs when they themselves said many of the same things Bush said. I am just pointing out their hypocrisy. How easily they forget, (and hope that you forget) all that they said. Remember every one of them were convinced of these things and publicly stated such. I just call a spade a spade and this time they just happen to be democrats. To paraphrase Forrest Gump, phony is as phony does.

Freeman

• Jayson
    Jayson
    Ridiculousness crosses party lines!

That is worth framing!

Hey did anyone here that

Saddam's sons dead

By Kris Osborn
    CNN Headline News
    Wednesday, July 23, 2003 Posted: 9:47 AM EDT (1347 GMT)

alt

(CNN) -- Central Command officials tell CNN that an operation in the area of Mosul on Tuesday involving the 101st Airborne Division and special operations forces resulted in the deaths of Uday and Qusay Hussein.

Before that announcement, U.S. military officials were cautious about saying whether Uday and Qusay, Nos. 2 and 3 on Central Command's list of most-wanted Iraqi leaders, were in fact killed in the operation, according to a U.S. military spokesman.

"We've had disappointment before," the official said.

Additional efforts will be made to confirm the identity of the remains. CNN has learned that DNA samples will be brought to the United States for analysis.

According to U.S. military sources, "DNA is the way to go. We have DNA samples of the Hussein family, and you can bet nobody is stalling on this."

However, before Army Lt. Gen. Ricardo Sanchez's official announcement that the two sons had been killed, officials were clear that, regardless of the results of the operation, the hunt for former Iraqi regime leaders is far from over.

A U.S. military spokesman said, "Even if we got them, we are still out looking for more enemy forces and personalities. After all, Qusay and Uday have had 20 years to develop clones. Evil, like-minded clones will likely step in [in] an attempt to consolidate power through criminality."

As for the impact, military officials believe that killing Qusay and Uday will disrupt the chain of command with the remaining Baath party loyalists and paramilitary Saddam Fedayeen fighters. Uday, described by U.S. military officials as violent and ruthless, ran the paramilitary group.

At the same time, coalition officials say they are certain that Saddam loyalists and Baath party members remain a large and threatening force in Iraq.

One U.S. official said, "The heads of the Baath party have billions of billions of dollars, jewels, trailers filled with money and secret bank accounts. The coalition has probably just scraped the tip of the iceberg. The Hussein family is the Arab mafia of the country. There are about 25,000 people in the Tikriti clan, all of them with their hand in the pie. Nepotism is how they controlled the family, and most of the clan is blood relatives."

edit> http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/07/23/hln.terror.saddam.sons/index.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit