Comments You Will Not Hear at the 7-27-03 WT Study

by blondie 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• yxl1
    yxl1
    For if YOU love those loving YOU, what reward do YOU have? Are not also the tax collectors doing the same thing? 47 And if YOU greet YOUR brothers only, what extraordinary thing are YOU doing? Are not also the people of the nations doing the same thing?

Thanks for all your hard work, Blondie. I really enjoy these threads of yours

yxl1

• Noumenon
    Noumenon

I never noticed any racial or economic partiality in all my years growing up in the the truth, but what I did start to notice was partiality against children of a solo mother in the truth who had an opposing husband. My mother was never really accepted by a few of the snooty sisters who were elders wives etc. And there is partiality against those who are not pulling their weight and performing properly, who aren't doing all the 'works' they should be, ie, attending every single meeting, answering up at least once at every meeting, and showing your face at field service at least every fortnite. These ones begin to be ostracised socially.

There are definite 'class distinctions' in the congregations, as Jesus told true christians not to have.

• blondie
    blondie

Give me five, Gopher.

yxl1,thanks. I love that scripture and the WTS always skips over that part of it. I wonder why.

Greetings noumenon. I'm glad you avoided that prejudice but sad about experienced the latter. I too am the child of a JW mother and a non-believing father. I understand all too well how I was considered "bad association." I was a carrier of special sin because of my father. No judging is really left to Jehovah.

Blondie

• garybuss
    garybuss

"while there have been some minor changes

in doctrine, in areas of vital bible truth we have

been consistent"

REASONING FROM THE SCRIPTURES: pg 136-7

Huh?

• blondie
    blondie

Gary, that must be from an older Reasoning book. The CD says:

Matters on which corrections of viewpoint have been needed have been relatively minor when compared with the vital Bible truths that they have discerned and publicized.

Someone else must have pointed out their inconsistency.

I guess one of those relatively "minor" "corrections of viewpoint" was the change about organ transplants. After all they did discern the vital Bible truth about the resurrection and publicized it. What a crock!

Blondie

• garybuss
    garybuss

Hi Blondie, I have pages of these quotes saved. Some are absolutely hilarious.

Thanks for the good threads. Hope you keep them going.

Eager to see the end of this evil system, Jehovah's people have at times
    speculated about the time when the "great tribulation" would break out,
    even tying this to calculations of what is the lifetime of a generation since 1914.
    (The Watchtower, Nov. 1, 1995 p. 17)

"Any Speculation as to when the "great tribulation" might begin is of no value"
    (The Watchtower, October 1, 1999, p. 12 par. 12)

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

noumenon wrote:

And there is partiality against those who are not pulling their weight and performing properly, who aren't doing all the 'works' they should be, ie, attending every single meeting, answering up at least once at every meeting, and showing your face at field service at least every fortnite. These ones begin to be ostracised socially.

No kidding. Not enough to raise a family, run a business, employ witnesses, and go through difficult times with children. What it becomes is, Well, if they had been more active, their children would have turned out better.

Two faced, judgemental, catty and self righteous.

That is what most congregations have become. And the culture in the congregations has to be a reflection of that in New York, passed on by the CO's.

• Panda
    Panda

LOVE?

These people are kidding! What in the Bible is really about LOVE? Oh yeah, the non-jews who didn't want to sacrifice Jonah! Unlike their "Jehovah/God fearing" neighbors who slaughtered women and children with no conscience/no problem.

We've all seen so much of this talk about love. It's not gonna happen. Not with Jws not with the human race.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Blondie, another good wt discussion. I am on my way to the meeting and will keep everything you said in mind.

thanks a bunch

Wannaexit

• jgnat
    jgnat

The Jehovah's Witnesses are not even close to treating everybody the same. Their bigotry towards anybody outside their closed society is plain to see. Even within the society, there are distinctions between anointed and "other sheep". I am disappointed in the scriptures the WTS article chose to highlight Jehovah's "impartiality". First of all, finding a few exceptions where non-Jewish people were not killed, but were rather allowed to be hewers of wood and drawers of water, is not my idea of "impartiality".

God opened the doors later, to all mankind, after Pentecost. The article gave a snippet of Peter's revelation, but left out the meat. Peter learned that he must accept all people, regardless of his faithfulness to previous teachings, if Jehovah so instructs him. (Acts 10:28) A good part of the NT drills this message home; jews and gentiles are to be treated as one. ...and don't go saying this was an easy message for the first century Christians. The first domestic spat was over treating the Greek widows the same as the rest.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit