Armageddon dream

by tinkerbell82 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

I cannot count on all fingers, toes, how many of those type of dreams I have experienced.

Scary as hell.

Tornadoes, no matter what, I wake up just before I get thrown against some air born object.

A tornado, just south of me, yes....right here in southern Ontario. Yup, we get them!

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

wow, i can't believe how many others have experienced this! at least now i know i'm not a head case :P

• dmouse
    dmouse

I've never done a questionaire on this but I would imagine that apocolyptic dreams are quite common. I too used to have dreams where God was wiping out all the 'baddies' in some kind of superstorm. In the dream you somehow know that it's Armageddon; I was usually on the 'goodies' list. Since leaving the JWs the dreams have become less specific.

People I know who are not religious still have dreams about the end of the world, only it's some kind of natural event or alien invasion.

• Special K
    Special K

Hi tink,

Yes, I was somewhat like you, bad bad dreams .. wake up sceaming and crying..panic. force myself to stay awake.

Anyways, this began almost 12 years ago as I was leaving the JW's with all the struggling between my brain and my heart"...

I was taught how to do ...LUCID DREAMING... and that is what finally helped me.

I kept a dream journal and woke up and wrote things down and most importantly I learned how to re.enter my dreams and take more control of them and reframe them . to go back into the worst part of them.. Usually the part when you bolt upright in the bed..and change them.

It took some time, but I can now do that ..at will. And when I now have an Occassional nightmare I can go right back into sleep and change it.. and how it ends...

My suggestion to you would be to investigate the Lucid dreaming technique, before you spiral into sleep deprivation

SPECIAL K

P.S. My young son suffered the same affliction for awhile...when he was around 4-5 Since we left JW's it has stopped with him.

• sxybrwneyes
    sxybrwneyes

I have had the exact same dream about three times already. Its not really bad but in my dream I'm looking up at the sky and there is some weird celestial phenomenon going on. Its dark and all of the planets and stars are going crazy and moving really fast, and in my dream I know that it is the start of armageddon or maybe the great tribulation, and it feels so real and vivid. I cant get this dream out of my head.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

I have them, but they are not associated to the JW theology. I've had dreams with the Moon falling, comets hitting, the sun exploding, tsunamis, earthquakes, car accidents.....you know, just anything that we fear in the daytime.

I think that old JW thinking could contribute a little, but for the most part, our rational concerns become irrational fears when we close our eyes. Who knows?

ash

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

mine always end with me waiting with the rest of the worldly damned to face jehovah and receive my horrible judgement and death. i can always see my family enjoying the paradise and i feel overwhelmingly that i have let them and jehovah down. that's what makes me the saddest - that jehovah is disappointed in me. but i always wake up before i meet him. it's so weird.

• Piph
    Piph

I used to have Armageddon dreams a lot...usually I was running around trying to save people when the end came, and because I was stuck behind saving people I usually got left out or something. Really scary. And weird!

I was obsessed with Nazis and concentration camps when I was young too! I had nightmares about the Great Tribulation and the 'Gestapo' breaking into the KH and taking my family and friends away. Some pretty gruesome, torturous killing of people I loved, too.

• sandy
    sandy

Tinkerbell and Piph,

I was always reading things about the Nazis and the Holocaust when I was young. I used to have nightmares as well about Nazis putting us in concentration camps.

I have dreams about Armageddon from time to time too. Mine usually involve water. I guess it has to do with the Flood story.

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

you know what's sort of funny about the nazi thing? i told my boyfriend, who has never had any affiliation with witnesses, that i used to have nightmares about the nazis being after me, and he laughed when i told him that witnesses were persecuted in the concentration camps. he would NOT believe me! in fact i almost started believing him, thinking that this was just another piece of martyr propaganda from the organization, but then i looked it up on the internet and showed him that i was right. i always took it for granted that everyone knew about it because i grew up with that legacy, but it makes me wonder how many people have no idea witnesses were targets during wwII..........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit