1991 UN documents

by hooberus 14 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Brandy
    Brandy

Well this is just down right crazy. After all of their writtings about the UN they join up with it. yikes!

brandy

• joe_from_kokomo
    joe_from_kokomo

I took the time a couple of weeks ago to write to the UN, to their PR dept., requesting confirmation of the WT's UN affiliation. I even included a SSE envelope. 4 weeks and counting with no reply.

This is regretful, as I have a sister who is still IN and I would like to show her real and current proof, not blacked out letters that (forgive me for saying this) someone could have created with desktop publishing software (this is not my skeptical opinion, but you know how true dubs doubt such things).

I am the first to realize the UN is busying policeing the world, but I expected more out of the Wild Beast.

After all, I can remember several corny talks at the Kingdom Hall where a brother told some story about how the UN had "a secret plan that they readily admit to privately" to take over and abolish all forms of religion, since this was "the root cause of all war and human suffering". I bet some of you heard that same BS talk in some form or other.

Looks like to me the Wild Beast is asleep where the Watchtower is concerned... :)

• jnomdeplume@yahoo
    jnomdeplume@yahoo

Why the Watchtower Society became a UN NGO? Maybe something like this. UN paid to feed, clothe and shelter JW refugees from Malawi = $ millions. UN gave perks like diplomatic visa passes to Gov Body members, air tickets for some of the Gilead people = $ millions. UN helped them be recognized as an acceptable religion in many nations which brought them a no-tax status = $millions.

What else did I miss?

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Joe,

You should get a response. Be patient.

It will be a standard letter that you have seen on the boards.

But I know exactly what you are talking about. Unlike government, there is NO accountability. Drives me absolutely nuts. What I could do for a freedom of information act with the UN.

hawk

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

I will shortly be posting some letters and an email which were sent to us last year, from the United Nations, We had telephoned the UN from England, but still needed actual proof in "black & white" about their status as an NGO. In the letter they asked us to let our concerned "colleagues" know the situation, as they were unable to answer the scores of requests they were receiving, at that time they had had over 600 telephone calls from JWs wanting to know if it really was true.

Please watch this space!

Twinkletoes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit