Why would JW's take money from someone they shun?

by unbeliever 18 Replies latest jw friends

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

This happened a long time ago but I have a friend (DA'd) who is shunned by his family. His sister asked if he could give her money every month so she could continue to pioneer. He is very well off and could afford to give her the money. He of course said no.

Let me get this straight a DF'd or DA'd person is not even worthy enough to eat a meal with or talk too but some witnesses are more than willing to take money from them. hmmm

She did not even see the hypocrisy in her request.

• mommy1
    mommy1

My JW brother was married over a year ago. I went to the wedding but wasn't allowed to reception. My sister-in-law has never called or talked to me since. But she did cash the nice wedding check I gave her and my brother. My brother has only talked to me a couple of times on the phone since his wedding. that was only because our Grandmother had died and he needed directions to the funeral home. I didn't even get a thank you note. I know they sent some out because my cousin and aunt got thank you notes from the wedding. Never again will I give them anything.

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Unbeliever,

You have hit on pet peeve of mine.

My sister/bro in law are in the District work. When my aunt (da'd) back in Rutherford's day, died they were first in line to take their share of her estate. Although while she was alive, they pretty well ignored her, with little if any common familial love.

It is an established fact, that most if not all jw's have a switch in their brain circuits that allows them to accept money, goods, or services from the Devil himself.......yet do so without a blink of conscience.

Danny

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Would JW's take money from someone they shun? They have and they do.

Due to Jehovah's Witness teachings, my brother did not pursue a college education. His wife is a loyal Jehovah's Witness, and she also has nothing beyond a high school diploma. They now have two children and she pioneers and refuses to work, all the while they cannot financially support themselves without aid from my JW mother and sister. My father even got my brother a hookup at a local Ford Motor Company position in his area (my father has worked for Ford for almost 30 years) in which my brother would have been paid $70,000/yr. He did not fit the qualifications entirely (no degree) but they offered him the job because it was an inside reference. He instead turned it down because he would have been required to work 2 Saturdays and 2 Sundays a month, and he would not give up Field Service and the Watchtower Study, instead citing that Jehovah would provide. Since then I even recently heard from my brother in law that my brother and his wife had no money for hot water in their home. 2 children and no warm water. So much for Jehovah providing! Dumbasses! Anyway, my mother calls me and asks for money on an occasion as if something was terribly wrong. I did not and would not turn my mother down because I want to try to have a relationship with her (she has not been evil as of late, my brother shuns me entirely) and then I find that she took the money I gave her and gave it to my brother. He will not speak to me. He wants me to have nothing to do with my two nephews. He even looked me in the face one time and told me what a shame it would be when I was destroyed at Armaggedon, and how he would have to explain to my resurrected grandparents why I was not there. But the family would get over it. Yet I guess he does not mind taking my money. That was the last time I give any.

Nest of scheming bastards.

They even rationalize to themselves that they are waging theocratic warfare and getting the most they can out of Satan's wicked people to support themselves.

Then people wonder why I hate Jehovah's Witnesses.

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Reborn,

****He even looked me in the face one time and told me what a shame it would be when I was destroyed at Armaggedon****

My sister did the same thing. When I was df'd she wrote me a 'dear john' letter, stating quite emphaticaly that 'this was the last time, she would ever speak to me'.

Well she has stuck to her guns.......Yet I can tell from your story, you like me, would in an instant be there for them if they just would return to humanity.

Danny

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Money makes it's own rules.

• ballistic
    ballistic

When I was "in", a Window Cleaner told me "fleece them". He was talking about a contract he had with the Church of England - but there you go.

• rekless
    rekless

the same reason they don't pay back money to the ones that are shunned. The shunned ones are not worthy of anything and you know if you speak to a shunned one you are not putting your trust in Jehovah.

• Special K
    Special K

Hey reborn,

Sounds like they used you without your knowledge and then it came back to you what they had done with your money. That wasn't right what they did to you!!!! NOT FAIR!!

For some reason, they think they make all the rules,.. and they keep changing them.

I could never understand disfellowshipping. My family disowned me, but yet I know of other ones disfellowshipped where the J.W. family have that d'fd family over alot.

I don't get it?

Why does a J.W. feel he can come to you for money?.. It doesn't make sense.

I know a woman disfellowshipped when she was 18, Her parents and other J.W. didn't have anything to do with her for almost 20 years. Her elder father died suddenly, and her elderly mother.. wasn't really good at caring for herself..... so the elders visited the woman and got her to take over looking after her mother. .... WEIRD!

Special K

• ChakkaConned
    ChakkaConned

The scripture, "make friends with unrighteous riches" comes to mind. DF'd and DA'd ones are viewed as non persons, unworthy of the usual decency and respect afforded other JW's or even worldly people. Pathetic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit