"Placement" Publications

by Odrade 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Odrade
    Odrade

What does one do with their old placement literature. It looks like a kingdom hall book room around here, and I don't know how to get rid of the stuff, other than a midnight "drop and run" at the local KH. Not the most desirable option, as the KH is guarded by some old circuit servants in an apartment.

Odrade

• freedom96
    freedom96

The publications make a good fire. Make sure not to wrap the magazines too tight like a log, or they will be difficult to burn. Best bet is to open it up, lay it on the fireplace, and light one corner.

Continue to add publications as needed.

• Its so simple
    Its so simple

Can you say, Bonfire?

• Its so simple
    Its so simple

I thought it was to good to be true that I would be the first with that line............. our posts must have crossed

• Odrade
    Odrade

ROTFL!!! Already tried that. Takes too long. I have an entire packing box of just brand new stuff dating back to Live Forever book (large size). The mags, I mostly just took to recycling. Can't burn the books, covers won't go in my fireplace. Can't have a bonfire where we live. Don't want to stash the stuff in the attic... what to do, what to do...

Odrade

• run dont walk
    run dont walk
    as the KH is guarded by some old circuit servants in an apartment.

No way !!!!!!!!! is this common practice at Kingdom Halls now ?????

As for all your stuff, if you don't want it, it's called garbage day, once a week in every neighborhood.

• JT
    JT

why not do what you do with the rest of the trash you have in your home?

can you say "Hefty Bag"

• Maverick
    Maverick

I did a tread of this a while back. I dumped all but the bound volumes and a few reference books. My reasoning was that I could use them to reason with the duds. Maverick

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Well,

I have found that Freddie's books were printed on nice, soft paper that served when I ran out of other paper products in my restroom... heh heh heh...

Ooh, don't throw them away! The angels will make sure that somebody who needs the truth will find them!

CZAR

• Scully
    Scully

You might be able to sell some of it on e-bay.

There are people here who collect that kind of thing and would be willing to pay S&H in addition to a modest price to take them off your hand.

You probably put some $ in the contribution box when you picked those suckers up at the KH, so you may as well try to recover some of your losses.

Love, Scully

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit