First Visit to KH in 1 year - Observations...

by Confucious 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Gopher
    Gopher

Blondie quoted the WT thusly:

Elders do not judge full-time. They are full-time shepherds. They are healers, not punishers. (James 5:13-16) The basic idea behind the Greek word for overseer (e·pi´sko·pos) is that of protective care.

How can they write stuff like this? No elder who has a job, a family, and public talks to prepare, along with book study conducting, ministry school and service meeting parts, the ministry, preparation for the ministry, home maintenance, etc., etc., can possibly give "full time" to shepherding.

In my experience the elders are in "reactive" mode, reacting to trouble rather than going out in shepherding work to try to prevent it. And then when trouble happens, they're so overwhelmed by their schedules that they are in a rush to judgment.

Being imperfect and unable to read hearts, oftentimes they cannot give a person the care that is claimed in publications like the article quoted above by Blondie.

So when a person needs the most help, they're judged "unworthy" and kicked to the curb, humiliated because the elders are in an unworkable system (and sometimes they are power-hungry themselves and enjoy humiliating certain ones that are not in their favor).

• Confucious
    Confucious

Ozzie,

Do you think it's just those bethel writers who are so used to sucking up to these brothers that they always write these "glowing things" about the governing body???

I mean, they ultimately are the ones that approve what is written - but it seems so callous almost that they can have these things written without blushing.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    they ultimately are the ones that approve what is written

True, they're responsible for the overall provision of the "F&DS" teachings but individually they may have very little to do with the preparation of the publications. I suspect that the individual GB members read such stuff just as others in the community would do, i.e. it massages their egos, so that over time they come to actually believe it. Of course, those in the Writing Department are guilty of 'sucking up' to the bosses, so the end result is that they all feed off each other.

Cheers, Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit