Just when you think it's safe to go back in the water

by berylblue 26 Replies latest jw friends

• gambit
    gambit

Hi. Let me introduce myself. I have NO affiliation with JW (away for 25 years now, I'll talk about that later), with NG, or with this board. I found this board, what, 4 days ago. It has some great, shall I say, fantastic information on it as well as some truely kind and thoughtful responses amongst you all. This board apparently took a very strange turn when NG showed up, which I might add, only added to my immediate insight into this group ! I'm just as f*kg angry as all the rest of you. The stories are all too similar... control, emotional abuse, sarcasm, withholding, shall I venture into forms of torture (mental and physical)... OK. You get my point ! SO, why on earth would you consider anything NG has to say as an attack or an insult. I can see, feel and hear compassionate understanding people on this board. Do I have to f*kg prove myself, that I will be like you and abolish the JW's and all there principles before you will give me the time of day?

I have already previously stated how I have trust issues... I think NG does to, from what I've read. And you have been very convincing about your ability to accept someones elses perspective, no matter how ridiculous it sounds to you long enough for them to start trusting you... or did you all forget already how you had to argue for the good of the JW ENDLESSLY before you could finally resolve your differences.

This post is not a personal attack, or a slander toward this board. If it is replied to as such, I will leave the board immediately, after PMg NG to wish her luck. This post is a plea to a bunch of full moon wolves... it's daylight now, stop the growling... listen... you may find food for thought or be able to help a soul resolve what is right in her heart... not what is right for you or I.

I am gladly an exJW since the age of 18, when I was told to move out since I had more important things to do than go to KH. In fact, all I really wanted to do was work, so I could stay out of my god-forsaken parents house. They did me a favor kicking me out... never went back home nor to another meeting... left the state and never looked back (till I hit midlife.... its catching up with me now, without looking back )...

Hope this is taken sincerly. gambit

• onacruse
    onacruse

((Rosemarie))

You'll notice that NG's posts to this thread have been deleted.

gambit, welcome! May you find yourself comfortable to express yourself freely here. Yes, we all (and I adamantly include myself in the "we") have issues to resolve.

Craig

• Gopher
    Gopher

Hey Gambit,

Welcome to the board. Too bad I had to say so on a thread like this one. Oh well.

You said:

Do I have to f*kg prove myself, that I will be like you and abolish the JW's and all there principles before you will give me the time of day?

And the answer is NO. It's not differing views that causes the upset. It is coming on with insults and name-calling. You haven't done that, so you should not encounter the resistance that NG did. You get as good as you give here.

I hope to read more posts from you in the days to come!

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    I wish we didn't have to spend time spinning our mental wheels trying to fend off people like him/her.

Great News! we don't

• northern girl
    northern girl

onacruse:

Notice posts of N G are deleted? Are you completely off your rocker ... MAN (and I use that word lightly).

They were not deleted here because there were none here ...as you know.

A few of us noticed you had my post to your site at 00.00 hour deleted though. Poor you ... can't take the heat so get rid of the kitchen!!

n g

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Howdy and welcome gambit!!

Glad you're here.

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Wow

I think it pretty sad when someone can't remember what they have said where they have said it and how they wrote it. I do wonder if it's theorcratic warfare tho... hummm or perhaps just plain trying to get a rise out of someone? *Warning* the heat from the kitchen may affect your brain and memory functions.

Damn

((((( Blue )))) Get your butt back here.

Welcome Gambit

I understand where you are coming from. But I would hope that anyone suffering from trust issues would not seek to hurt people and hurl insults at people they do not know. And then expect those who have been hurt to sit back and take it without responding. If they did not intend to hurt someone then at least say as much and move on. Trust issues can have some react the way you speak of, yet I see no reason to repeatedly hurt people who are trying to help. Things of which I spoke may not be readily avaliable in this thread but in past discussions.

Hope to see more of exiting story, again welcome to the board.

Hugs

Cassi

Cassi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit