Just when you think it's safe to go back in the water

by berylblue 26 Replies latest jw friends

• berylblue
    berylblue

...you see Northern Girl is back "gracing" the boards, and you know it's time to go back into hiding.

The only thing worse than vitriol is specious (and, I might add, poorly phrased, punctuated and misspelled) vitriol, aimed at those least deserving. I am not in a mood to take her lame, semi-literate attempts to upset everyone here. Today, I'd tear the feeble-minded chain-smoking little agent provocateur-wanna-be apart. (And don't make the supercilious mistake of thinking I can't, NG.) I don't want to do that to Simon's board.

On a different note, I want to thank all of you for your support and advice, it means the world to me.

Rosemarie

• Gopher
    Gopher

I was trying to think how to post the same thing without being too much in "attack" mode. But it seems that this 'northern girl' person is here to agitate. And when he/she discovers this thread, everyone who comments on it will be subject to his/her attacks. They may be called a "drama queen" like he/she called someone with little/no reason in a different thread this morning. See: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/55766/815133/post.ashx#815133

I wish we didn't have to spend time spinning our mental wheels trying to fend off people like him/her.

But in the history of this board, people like "Northern" come and go after a few months.

It's not a matter of having different opinions, but rather Northern comes after people with guns-ablazing. It must be sad to not have better things to do.

• freedom96
    freedom96

When I see someone here such as Northern Girl, I think of it as a helpful reminder of how it was back in the witness days. The unbacked arguements, the complete mind control over the person from a organization clearly not run by God.

I don't mind someone stating their views, regardless if they are a witness or not, but the name bashing, etc has got to go.

• pamkw
    pamkw

I guess it takes all kinds to but today I am just out of sorts and I am getting tired of playing nice. I guess I will have to stop reading today so that I can control my temper. I have never gotten angry on the board and I am determined to keep it that way. But some people just push all the right buttons.

Pam

• berylblue
    berylblue
    I wish we didn't have to spend time spinning our mental wheels trying to fend off people like him/her

So do I; you all know I come here for friendship and support and it's difficult, in my present state of mind, not to over react to NG's ludicrously unprovoked attacks on persons who have been so loving and caring to me.

I will go back into hiding (with the hopeful purpose of emerging a stronger person) and let this thread die. I shouldn't have written it in the first place. I like onacruse a lot, and it was upsetting to see him, as well as others for whom I have a lot of affection, attacked for no particular reason other than the petty amusement of the poster.

Rosemarie

• cowhand
    cowhand

That's it Berylblue, get your retaliation in first.

I've stayed clear of her myself, but I have to admit she comes across as pretty hard work.

• Maverick
    Maverick

Why let this "person" control you? Please don't give this, rather small, person any power. You do what you want to, comment where you want to, you're bigger than that! I remember walking into a business and seeing the PO of another Hall and walking right out. I'm still mad at ME for letting that prick control me like that. Never again. Next time I'm determined to be such a pain that HE walks out when he see ME! Maverick

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

((((((((Rosemarie))))))))

Do what you need to do for yourself, sweet lady. No shame in not playing in her sandbox. If no one is there maybe she will pack up her toys and leave.

Kate

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Hmmm. Well, a lot of very decent type posters definitely have a problem with good ole' NG. Why, shes even driving "decent" posters like BB and Pam into not posting. That sounds like a troll / WT victory to me.

I Cant see how that can be a good thing.

• berylblue
    berylblue

Actually I'm disappearing because I want to work on myself (that comment is a big set-up, I know ), and just now I read Simon's advice not to start a thread about such persons, which I knew instinctively but my anger got the best of me. I'm sorry, everyone.

NG has not chased me from here...my need to think deeply about everything that's gone on in my life for the past few years (indeed, the past 47 years) is why I'm disappearing.

So I'll disappear already, okay? (in answer to the obvious retort of some who will read this).

Rosemarie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit