U.S. Women Like Brit Men Better

by GinnyTosken 33 Replies latest jw friends

• GinnyTosken
    GinnyTosken

This just in from the Globe weekly tabloid of July 29, 2003:

It's not just stars like Gwyneth Paltrow, Madonna, Gillian Anderson, Liv Tyler, and Gwen Stefani--British guys are many American gals' cup of tea.

"British men are more articulate, mature, and sophisticated," says Cary Cooper, a University of Manchester (England) psychologist, who isn't entirely biased since he was born in Hollywood and has citizenship of both the U.S. and the U.K. He adds that British men are better listeners and pay more attention to their women, while U.S. men are too juvenile.

"British men also invest more in a relationship and are more emotional," Cooper says.

"American men are good at talking about emotion, but really that's all it is, talk."

Speaking of talk, might those sexy accents have something to do with it?

Ginny

• Robdar
    Robdar

It's all about the accent. I have dated guys from the UK. Other than the accent, I don't find them to be much different than the men from the US or anywhere else. They all want the same thing....beer.

Robyn

• Simon
    Simon

wohoo ... I'm moving to America !!

• ISP
    ISP

Yep, I'll have to check out those US apostofests!

ISP

• expatbrit
    expatbrit
    They all want the same thing....beer.

Terrifyingly perceptive, Robyn.

Expatbrit

• Matty
    Matty

It's nice that American women like British men, because British women don't, they're too busy chasing after Italians and Greeks!

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

Its not just the accents they like.....

• rocketman
    rocketman

I guess that means I'll be moving to the UK.

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

Why Rocketman,

do you like Brit men too.?

• berylblue
    berylblue
    -British guys are many American gals' cup of tea.

Keep in mind, everyone, I gagged on my cup of tea once I took more than a sip.

Rosemarie

(No offense to the British men here....just making fun of the English ex.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit