Just experienced some of the sickness of jwism!

by be wise 14 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT
    The hardcore JWs just think you're a sad case. It rarely makes any of them sit up and start to take a critical look at their beliefs. The only satisfaction it gives is a way for you to shout out and strike back in some way

well spoken= i would only recommend DA oneself if one has prepared themsleves for the possible backlash

if not then drift away and use that time to build a NEW CLIENTE of friends so if you decide that you want to DA or they come after you, you will then be in a position to careless

• be wise
    be wise
    The hardcore JWs just think you're a sad case. It rarely makes any of them sit up and start to take a critical look at their beliefs. The only satisfaction it gives is a way for you to shout out and strike back in some way

No offence, but I don't give a shit! I'm doing it for me - not for 'them'. When I write my DA letter it will clearly state why, with no bitterness.

It's their harmful brainwashing methods that trouble me coupled with their unhealthy obsession regarding the devil.

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Be Wise

I would strongly suggest your brother also come aboard here, and get a fresh perspective on this entire situation. His depression is well founded - we've all been there. I don't know how long he has been disfellowshipped - but it sounds as if he has never come to peace with his decision. Sometimes (such as in my case - 16 years of living with my own doubts & guilt after being df'd) - information is all it takes to take a fresh look at life, realize that one has been involved with a CULT (yes cult) - and be able to take a more "objective" look at their own spirituality. When they find they put their entire heart & soul into something that was WRONG - it gives them a chance to release their pain and guilt. I had a VERY similar conversation with my own brother. He had been out of the "troof" for 4 years longer than I, but he had never come to grips with it, just figured he wasn't good enough and lived with his own self-loathing for 2 decades. When I was finally able to show him all the "truth about the truth" - he says for the first time in 20+ years, he was able to fall to sleep without feeling a sense of sadness & panic so to speak - afraid he would wake up to Armaggedon.

The questions he must have - questions that he was too scared probably to ask "of the world" - and demons he must have endured while struggling with all of this alone - tell him there are MANY who have walked this path. There is an end to his torment, if he wishes to find the way.

It sounds as if you as well are beginning what can be a very painful time. Counseling is an extremely valuable tool, and you would be wise to utilize this source. If you can, try to find one that specializes in "cults" - because although you may not find JW's one, they are definitely a "high control group" that keeps its members in line by guilt & fear.

(((Be Wise))) - you just keep on posting - and get your brother's butt over here - tell him we are here to help!

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

P.S. If it helps him any, tell him there are ex-elders here, ex-bethelites, ex-pioneers and we even have alot of resources in an ex-governing body member. That might make him understand that we aren't all "demonized" by Satan's world. And tell him that a very high percentage here never turned their back on God - just on false religion.

• be wise
    be wise

Thanks for all your advice and thanks for all your support pettygrudger.

My parents are cutting my internet connection off this afternoon, I think to get me away from evil people on the internet. I told them I'm gonna DA, they will be shunning me now. They said I have to move out before they anounce my DA. Gonna get in a cafe at some point so I can keep in touch with a few people on the net.

Thanks again.

be wise.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit