Question for the Prophets and "JC Cannon" types(seriously)

by badolputtytat 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• badolputtytat
    badolputtytat

Hi,

I am JUST curious. I am not trying to badger anyone or start something. I only want to know. So don't anyone get all upset and start tellin' me I am censoring you or judging anyone.

Question: Why here? I mean, why come to a place like a (mostly) ex-JW (or ex Jw Positive) site and say all this stuff about talking to voices, or leading the way to something better?

Question: Don't you think that most of the people here have been put through enough of that kinda thing? Whether they were raised in it, or came to it... Don't you think people kinda had enough of somebody giving them their interpretation of the "scriptures" and trying to bully them, or scare them into following some cock-and-bull sect or cult? I am not suggesting that anyone should not come here and discuss the scriptures, their beliefs, god, or their interpretation of any of these things. Nor am I suggesting that anyone here is weak enough to need me to "come to the rescue" and point this out to them. I did not even finish school. My education came from experience... not books. So I am asking to learn about you. (lookie lookie at the human beings who act like this)

I am only asking why you come to a place where there are those who are vulnerable and wounded. Some of us have been deceived by a terrible organization that claims exactly the same thing you do.

I am just starting to see these people who come in here and they post these links. Links to their web-sites that either suggest we should "come to god thru" you, or that you are some sort of channel for the Dweller of the Heavens.....????.... Why all of this? Why the suggestion that "God" ...will come to me by way of some guy sitting behind a keyboard, in his boxer shorts??

I know that you have to be aware of the many educated minds who frequent this place. You have to be aware that you are perceived as nuts eccentric, and in some cases you believe this validates your claim.

Please this to explain... I am just some idiot who doesn't comprehend the reasoning behind it. Money? attention? boredom? really really GOOD drugs?

(I will be out of town for the weekend, so take your time and think about it, and skip the bible quotes... I can justify anything if I line up the scriptures in the right order)

• mizpah
    mizpah

badolputtytat:

Don't be so harsh. This is a "forum." Let everyone have a voice...even if it is one with which we totally disagree. I think most XJWs have an automatic "red flag" when something is presented that seems amiss. So trust in their ability to reject what is not worthy of consideration. We are not forced to read the posting if it does not please us. We can just scroll down or go to another board.

The advantage of presenting material of any sort is that it will be examined and come under critical review. One can then decide for oneself whether or not it is worthy. Part of the freedom we experience upon leaving the Watchtower organization is having choices to accept or reject ideas. JCanon is merely expressing his ideas. Remember the adage that went something like this: "I do not agree with what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it."

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

I'm kind of glad there are people like that, that come here. Why ??? We need to be reminded sometimes why we left and why we will NEVER go back. And just think years from know when the Watchtower redoes all the doctrines and "new light" again for another generation, how stupid they will look.

• City Fan
    City Fan

Puttytat,

Great post - I've been thinking the same myself for weeks now. I left the JWs to get away from the fear and superstitions taught from the bible and to avoid the kind of 'zealot' this produced. And I see many posters on here at the moment who are like that, praying on some who may be vulnerable. I would hate just one person to be taken in by this religious nonsense.

But as Run dont walk says:

We need to be reminded sometimes why we left and why we will NEVER go back

It's an excellent point that I'd forgotten about. The best reason never to go back are the rantings of some posters and the un-scholarly posts of others. So let them keep posting!!!

• badolputtytat
    badolputtytat

I notice the ones the question was directed to cannot answer.... I have not suggested they should not post opinions or factual statements....

It is the form of the statement... I was only suggesting, that there are those who prestent first a fear tactic, second a suggestion that we need to follow them, third a means by wich we can join them.... and of course finally there will always be a way to provide financial support.

I think it reminds me of LIFE INSURANCE SALESPEOPLE. They always give you this spill "Do YOU want to leave YOUR children to PAY for YOUR illness? The HARDSHIP it will be on them. blah blah... Let US help you."

But your right... let em post away. This stuff is permanent record. I was just curious is all... never said "Go away" or "ooooh you cant say that" ... just curious. If you have taken offense, then you must have mis-read.... I wrote a whole paragraph, trying to be overly "politically correct" trying to be sure not to step on anyone's rights... I just wanted an answer straight "from the horse's jackal's mouth" so to speak. I do not believe in being courteous to those claiming to have all the answers... If you say you know what is TRUTH to me... then you MUST tell me why. Isn't that an honest thing? What is wrong with asking? Are we simply to follow those who claim to speak for god? If you believe that, then I have a lovely bridge for sale that you might be interested in.....

• freein89
    freein89

you are such a badolpuddytat!

I liked your post and you were very politically correct. Your questions and wondering were valid, no need for anyone to take offense. I have wondered why people insist on proclaiming themselves Christians. Reminds me of my sister in law who went on and on about the Christian cruise she went on - a whole boatload of Christians. Somebody send in the lions. Don't get your knickers in a twist, I'm kidding. . . . or am I? (insert evil laugh) whah ha ha!

Deb

• lawrence
    lawrence

Let all men and women speak freely - it's up to the individual "to test out all inspired (or not inspired) expressions." Hell, the Prophet told us that Nisan 14 wasn't correct - wasn't that refreshing; and the 1335 days were in the 1st century - novel! I can't wait to hear how Ezekiel 9 was fulfilled when the Mall of Georgia was built, or maybe Daniel 12 at the next Olympics. Cmon ya'all, let all the Prophets speak!

• JCanon
    JCanon
    Question: Why here? I mean, why come to a place like a (mostly) ex-JW (or ex Jw Positive) site and say all this stuff about talking to voices, or leading the way to something better?

The short and sweet of it is that Jehovah's witnesses are the "temple organization" representing a specialized covenant group during the last days and these X-JW boards fulfill Bible prophecy since when the Messiah arrives he has to "teach in our broadways", that is, the broadways of those "sons of the kingdom" who end up getting rejected but still are there.

So Christ must preach in some witness-associated forum since he is connected with that temple organization and thus this group and a few others like it serve that purpose. So that's why this information is posted here, as a witness basically.

The reference in scripture is that when Christ comes and gets up and closes the door to the kingdom, then some would come up and try to get in afterward and say: "we ate in front of you....you TAUGHT IN OUR BROADWAYS."

So how is it that Christ can teach in their broadways and how is it that they apparently know him? Some scenario must occur to facilitate how this prophecy is fulfilled. Christ must be able to "teach" in some forum that is witness connected. But obviously it can't be in the Watchtower. And it has to be "broadways", that is, in some PUBLIC type of forum. Thus the impetus to have to post the basics here just to say that these details were posted and some heard it and rejected it and when they finally do accept the Messiah and want to get into the kingdom and he rejects them, they will remind him that "you taught in our broadways". Thus this forum is one of those "broadways" prophesied about where the Messiah would teach publicly.

Some information, of course, will be taken and understood by other secret members and it's a good place to get an update on particulars going on with the Messiah, but for the most part the vital knowledge needed by the Bride Class has been dispensed and is found elsewhere, thus there is no real "recuitment" going on here, just a scenario to basically show that even if Christ openly exposed himself and showed the scriptures involved that should convince one who he is by scripture, he would still be rejected until for the most part it is too late.

JCanon

• teenyuck
    teenyuck
    Some information, of course, will be taken and understood by other secret members and it's a good place to get an update on particulars going on with the Messiah, but for the most part the vital knowledge needed by the Bride Class has been dispensed and is found elsewhere.....

So am I a Bride Class or a secret member?

How would I tell the difference?

• seven006
    seven006

JCanon,

It's kind of like subliminal images isn't it? Everyone can read what they want into them but only a few absolute experts like you that can explain them. I'm still waiting for you to make a few additional comments on that thread after you got a new hole ripped in your bummy.

Tell us all something, do you see dead people or do just like seeing other posters write one of your numerous names at the top of a post?

As I said before, he who splits a lithium tablet with their mind first, wins.

Dave

PS: You're almost as much fun to play with as You Know was.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit