Great post Skeptic!

Thanks,

IW

• Skeptic
    Skeptic

<Blush> Thanks, IW!

• GotJesus
    GotJesus

Do any of you think in relation to prophecies, that mankind has something to do with these prophecies coming true? I think men make these things happen, possibly unknowingly. Its like if you believe in an idea so much even if its a falsehood YOU will make it happen. Mankind always has the capacity to affect any given outcome to any given "prophecy"......just my opinion :)

• City Fan
    City Fan
    Do any of you think in relation to prophecies, that mankind has something to do with these prophecies coming true?

I've yet to see any prophecy come true!

• Jayson
    Jayson
    I have noticed that a lot of you here quote references of history from scripture, so my question is this. If you say that the bible is not the true word of God then how can it even be a true word of History.

It's a fair question. So many people attach "inspired" to true.. Which can mean what ever the hell the so called want it to. "Inspired" is out there and is interpreted by them. Kind of like the boogyman.

My favorite saying (on this) is that those who want to interpret the Bible for you are like blind men with a map standing in the middle on Wall Street trying to give you directions to Disneyland but they have never been there themselves.

The Bible has many differnet meanings some are allegory, some is mystical/mythical, some is history. But inspired? In me yes, but out there to be interpreted for my slavory salvation, that is not for me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit