How do you feel towards JW's and the organization ? on July 18,2003

by run dont walk 24 Replies latest jw friends

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

Some of us have been out awhile, some of us may have just left, some of us still on the fence.

How do you feel towards the JW's and the organization right now, July 18, 2003.

Compassion, hurt, hatred, anger, sorry, bitterness, helpless, robbed, cheated, or any other feeling you can think off.

Which one describes your situation best ???????????

All of us feel and handle situations with family differently, yet we are so much the same.

The day may come when family comes to you and says those dreaded words ..........

" I can no longer have any association with you, not even on the telephone."

Maybe some have had this happen already, how did you handle it ???

I read a great point from someone on another thread they said :

"If Armageddon is so close, shouldn't the JW's be trying even harder with family instead of shunning or not talking to them."

How true !!!!!!!!!!!!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

The second best thing that happened to me was when Jehovah's Witnesses were finally in my rear view mirror. As for being shunned, I've come out the other side. I never really had any family worth associating with. I did lose my friends but that was 14 years ago and I've made better, more sane friends since then due in large part to this board.

If Jehovah's Witnesses are the answer, then the question is not worth asking.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

For the average Witness I feel pity.

For those 'taking the lead' and beating the flock I have grown to loathe them. I will do what I can to assist those fighting against the 'leadership' and their legalistic monolith.

As far as family members, I love them all regardless. I have come to realize that with my family, their happiness is all that is important to me. If they feel it necessary to shun me in order to obtain that happiness so be it. I am not saying that it doesn't eat me up wishing they were part of my daily life but they have to do what they feel they have to do. If they are happy then I am happy. What more could I really wish for my family?

Selfishly sure I want them in my life.

I also hope that one day they realize that my love for them is not conditional based on their religious choice.

In the meantime I do my best to enjoy my life and all the things and people that are in my life, doing so to the fullest extent possible. I recognize my happiness is damned important too!

Uzzah - who is busy steadying his own ark too

• Jomavrick
    Jomavrick

I am somewhat ambivalent. I understand why they act the way they do, and that they generally are motivated to do what they think is right in the way they act. I just choose a different way. I am thankful for all of the good, and that can be lost sometimes - but as an active youth I really was safeguarded from a most of the problems that every other nonwitness young person struggled with. I had a bigger awareness of the world and of spiritual matters when I was young, and that was a positive thing.

I had good wholesome association, when I was younger a lot of treasured memories. Of course my view of the organization is different, I am not bitter or resentful. But I do stand my ground holding to different ideas. I think if someone finds satisfaction and meaning being a witness - more power to them - may they knock themselves out with thier appointed activity. Same for someone that wants to be a reformed Jew or a muslim. Just dont treat me or my family badly or I'll put a new day of the week on your calendar. I see the value in the energy that some spent trying to invalidate the witness beliefs, organization as perhaps a form of therapy to them.

I am of the opinion - that if you are going to bash a person for thier "beliefs", you had better be prepared to tell me what you think replaces them, and be prepared to back that up and be prepared for the same redicule.

Jomavrick

• Undecided
    Undecided

I don't hate JWs, I feel some pity for the average congregation publishers. I don't like religion as a way to control anyone's life, so mainly dislike the leadership of any religion who are usually the ones who direct the actions of the "sheep". Most people wouldn't act without love if they weren't directed by fanatical leaders and taught that all people except those adhering to their philosophy were doomed to hell, Armageddon, or whatever and are "worldly", infidels, meaning evil.

Old Rutherford sure had one thing right,"Religion is a snare and a racket." including his own.

Ken P.

• kls
    kls

After living with a jw for 28yrs i can say i have hate for it all.I have been talked to like i was satan himself.I have been called on the phone by witnesses and could feel the hate for me.To me they are all the same ,recruit ,no matter what it takes.When they come to my door ,my mind goes blank and i start to shake with anger.Yes i hate them. Peroid

• cat1759
    cat1759

I don't hate them or any other religion. If this is their only way to be spiritual and become close to God it is their journey.

I feel sad that they close off the available knowledge that would change their viewpoint. I feel sad that the GB can make decisions about who to love and who to shun. They are the ones making judgement calls and others are living with those calls.

Love God and your neighbor. Shunning family members or judging others is the lowest. If God finds his pleasure in this then so be it.

Just a deep saddness for what is lost when we close of knowledge. I am not going to waste time on the past as it is something I can't change.

I went from being pissed, hurt, bitter, enraged, deranged, confused, then finally there came a turning point. I could live my life through love or I can live it being hurt. It was my choice.

They took away 29yrs through my stupidity. I won't give them the next 29yrs.

Cathy

• freein89
    freein89

Wow, that is a great question all about the here and now and deep stuff like that. Seriously, right now I am torn. Because I recently was re-shunned by my sister. After year and years she missed me or was maybe just curious, we had a sort of, so so "relationship" for a couple of years, then the re-shunning. God that hurt, just happened a month or two ago. So I got a refresher course. So I am torn between missing her and wanting to rip her an asshole you could park a Buick in. Sorry about language here, but sometimes nothing else will do.

Deb

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

i dont feel sorry for them and i dont feel angry at them. i feel it's about time they grew up and stopped giving their minds away to people who want to control them.

• zeena1998
    zeena1998

I don't hate the people...I hate the philosophies. Just as I hate any extremist group that does horrendous things in the name of God. (think Ja-had or the so-called Holy War in Iraq). All of those people who are blindly being led down the garden path...sigh.

Andie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit