Physical and/or Spiritual

by Inkie 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• badolputtytat
    badolputtytat

I believe, that it is within ourselves, rather than "out there" somewhere. That life as we know it is only the beginning of the journey of the "higher self" or spirit, or soul. "Science" acknowledges that "energy does not cease... it changes forms." I believe that it is this "change" that man has tried to define.

What we define as "heaven" or "otherworld" may be the extent that the human brain can comprehend this. I believe, that what follows "this place" is just out of reach of our understanding. "man cannot comprehend infinity" or "forever"

I do not believe in "ghosts". Even with the concept of resurrection (in the Jw definition) I believe there is flaw. The "dead" or "soul" is not aware of you anymore. It is in a state of change and growth. I always had a problem with people saying "we will see him/her in the new system". Do you think that when you grow to the next level of existence that you will remember what is here and now? Do you remember being the egg inside the falopian tube? ... no. Even christianity and the bible teach "that the dead know nothing". but not to say that they will not know.

Life has been an ever changing thing. Why do we believe that it will stop changing here? Billions and Billions of years have passed... an eternity..... and it will pass again. and again. But one thing has remained constant.... life changes. So in a sense I believe in the spirit world.... but not in a way that religion or science defines it. But the problem with religion... is that a group of people come together, and "WE believe" in a list of things. But ... you asked what I believe... and that about covers it.

*See... they screwed up my head after all. I broke loose at a young age, and I have spent my whole life trying to figure out the answer to that question.

• rem
    rem

I don't believe in a spirit realm because there is no evidence. Man has been deceived by superstition into believing a whole host of silly things over the centuries. If there is ever extraordinary evidence for this extraordinary claim, I will believe.

rem

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

nowisee-

though all indications are that they are very interested in us and care deeply.

Oh really? Please elaborate.

• donkey
    donkey

I have seen the Green Demon. It is a bad little monster.....the bastard got me DFed from here!!!

• mizpah
    mizpah

Isn't it rather presumptuous to say that because I can not perceive a thing it does not exist? Ancient mankind did not understand the vastness of the heavens. Does this mean that the invisible stars and galaxies didn't exist? Or does it say that man is finite and has only a limited vision of things?

We continue to marvel at things we thought impossible a few years ago. Don't limit your vision, even about spiritual things, because you don't understand or visualize it.

• cat1759
    cat1759

Yes I do believe it exists. I have seen things I can't explain. I have seen energy the size of a huge beachball when someone has astral travelled to my house. I have astral traveled and I have seen spirits in my house later to have them expound on certain issues by others that I know.

WE have more abilities than what we currently know about. We are just touching off the tip of the iceburg.

The book of Thomas talks about the other realm. The book of Enoch talks about his intercession with God on behalf of the fallen angels.

We believed in God who we could not see, we believe in demons who we could not see. Why don't we have faith in things that can truly affect us for the good. Why are we willing to believe in things that are bad but unwilling to see a higher energy for the good of all mankind?

Yes, Yes, Yes. Even if we can't measure now doesn't mean in the future it will be non existant.

Cathy

• Latin assassin from Manhattan
    Latin assassin from Manhattan

I believe that a spiritual world does exist independently of us. The bible does explain this but only in terms we can understand. For example, angels are spirits - but they do not have wings or heads or robes. It uses this description to make it easier for us to relate to them. By the same token, God does not sit on a throne because he does not have a body, much less an ass to sit on.

The bible does hint at how the spirit world is run. It is run pretty much the same as ours. You have opposing organizations or governments, God's and Satan's. However, since God's spiritual organization (comprised of different types of angels) worships him - it remains whole. Satan's on the other hand, is split and has many opposing factions within it. The bible does seem to hint that these evil spirits/demons rule the earth in the same way that their human counterparts do. If you read Daniel 10:10 - 10:13 it actually describes these spiritual rulers as princes.

Unfortunately, we will never know exactly what the spiritual world is like or how it directly affects humans or their actions. I can say however, that believing in God requires believing in a spritual world.

• GotJesus
    GotJesus

I have difficulty accepting the notion that the human race & or the earth were simply a random happening at the time of creation. When the bible states that everything was brought into existance in six days, "days" I believe is not litteral days but the time between the beginning & the end which we are obviously involved in right now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit