An elder wants to study with me...please help!

by shotgun 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• metatron
    metatron

Do not listen to Butterknife of Jah. He is defending a lying, fraudulent organization,

as has been proven countless times on this and other boards.

Here's the real truth: These studies put you on the spot to be critically examined

by the elders. If they don't like you or your answers or lack of cooperation, they

can announce that you are "disassociated". It's that simple.

Tell them you are ill. Tell them you suffer from depression and are seeking

medical attention. ABSOLUTELY REFUSE to be drawn into ANY inquistion

or conversation about doctrine or what you believe. Keep repeating about

your depression and they will likely give up.

metatron

• shotgun
    shotgun

Thanks for all your comments I like your idea Johnny as it was my research into why Jesus would have specifically chosen us as an organization in 1918/1919 that led me to read those gems like...The Finished Mystery and Millions now living. I was looking for a more recent publication though.

SWORDOFJAH I appreciate your comments about making up my own mind but if you are part of Gods true organization what the hell are you doing surfing a site not sanctioned by the WT society. If your brothers and sisters found out you would be looked upon as no better than the apostates that frequent this site as you called them.

An Apostate rejects his former beliefs or religion...under that dictionary description the WTBTS has been guilty of Apostasy whenever they reject a teaching which they formally taught as truth.

When I reached out to this forum many of the people you call apostates encouraged me to read the bible ..to study and meditate on it....but leave the reasoning of the WT out, see if what the bible says is really in agreement with the teaching from the GB and decide for myself. Sounds like something Peter might have said don't you think.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

shotgun says:

SWORDOFJAH I appreciate your comments about making up my own mind but if you are part of Gods true organization what the hell are you doing surfing a site not sanctioned by the WT society. If your brothers and sisters found out you would be looked upon as no better than the apostates that frequent this site as you called them.

How true. The Watchtower Society expressly states that it is forbidden for Jehovah's Witnesses in good standing to knowingly associate and mingle with known apostates, disfellowshipped, and disassociated individuals. It has also been said that loyal Witnesses would be wary of the Internet and it's snares, much less taking the time to post on a website not sanctioned by the WT Society discussing JW topics with apostates.

Butterknife of Jah is a hypocrite. Ignore him.

After all, according to Jehovah's Witness beliefs, they are discouraged from even thinking for themselves.

*** w67 6/1 p. 338 Move Ahead with Jehovah’s Organization ***

How will we put these four things into effect? First, study: We may think of study as hard work, as involving heavy research. But in Jehovah’s organization it is not necessary to spend a lot of time and energy in research, for there are brothers in the organization who are assigned to do that very thing, to help you who do not have so much time for this, these preparing the good material in The Watchtower and other publications of the Society. But you do not study enough? Take this suggestion: Often the very best and most beneficial studying you do is that done when you read a new Watchtower or Awake! or a new book with the joy of getting the new truths and a fresh view. You remember the points. You talk enthusiastically to others about them. So try this: Pick up each Watchtower or Awake! as it comes and read it, just for the joy and pleasure it gives. Remember, you are not sitting down to study, just to enjoy the information. This will increase your joy of reading and will give you incentive for more definite, organized study. Jehovah wants you to enjoy your study. He does not want it to be drudgery to you. He is the happy God, taking pleasure in providing all this rich spiritual food.—1 Tim. 1:11; Acts 20:35.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

shotgun : off the top of my head in the 4-1-03 wt pg 26-30 they are calling the wt book " divine plan of ages " bible truth etc and say that this man read that book in 1925 and loved it . when that book said armaggedom was in 1914 the time of the end was 1799. the gospel age started in 1843 jesus returned in 1874 , jesus choose the russell etc in 1878 as the christ with jesus. these are just some of the lies that the wt tells every week in their mags, since you read the finished mystery and the millions booklet. you know well that the wt lies today about their history. if you have the wt book the revelations grand climax at hand .. 1989 on page 8 it talks about how today the wt CAN'T TRANSLATE THE "FINISHED MYSTERY TODAY INTO OTHER LANGUAGES.. WHAT BULL I WOULD SKIM this book and made the elders back every line about how all the conventions from 1919 to present are forfullment of bible prophecy . with wts from that time.. you will have a field day. in the new daniel book chapter 17 they also go into 1919 etc. make them back it up from wt's from 1919. if you want to play with them. let them back it up not you put them in the hot seat. make them back up their books. trust me you can not lose with this. spend a little time and prepare your self .and hold them to proving these books are the TRUTH... WAS WHAT YOU KNOW AGAINST THEM... HAPPY HUNTING JOHN

• rem
    rem

Sounds like fun. I would have loved to do this back when I was half way out! Any book you study will have obvious contradictions and misquotes, so just pick something that sounds interesting. Maybe the creator book, if your into science and stuff, or if you really want to get into it pick one of the chronology books on Isaiah or Daniel or whatever. Maybe even the Revelation book if you can stomach it.

Just remember to do your pre-study with outside references. Make copies of stuff or check out books from the library for the week of the study if you can find good references. It shouldn't be too difficult to be more prepared than the conductor. I doubt he will even look at the material before the study.

Don't expect to convert him, but it can be a lot of fun and you can learn a lot.

rem

• jgnat
    jgnat

ummm, are you studying in a wild attempt to lure your woman back to you? This may be a lousy time to take your stand. Be warned, the elder may be on an evidence-gathering mission for apostacy. Automatic disfellowshipment for you and freedom for your woman to remarry. And good luck squeezing in generous visitation with your daughter.

You might check out how Jourles handled his visit. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/48155/1.ashx

Me? I would ask the Elder to pick one book in the NT to study (NOT Revelation!). Every time a promise comes up, ask if it is for the anointed only, the Other Sheep or is it for anyone? Ask the elder to support their choice using the context of the promise. ...and he can't use the excuse "cause we already know who goes to Heaven".

• cat1759
    cat1759

Swordofjah,
    Just wondering if you are able to count this online time.

Cathy

• cat1759
    cat1759

Swordofjah,
    Just wondering if you are able to count this online time.

Cathy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit