Proud of my stance!!

by unique1 17 Replies latest jw friends

• run dont walk
    run dont walk
    I just don't know how Jehovah will take it.

you're joking right ??????????

What does Jehovah eat for dinner ??????????

I will never understand people, I was always taught as a young person to respect the older ones.

Why ????????

they are getting as dumb as ever, thanks to the Watchtower.

BTW, awesome answer unique1, sometimes you don't have to think about it, just say what comes out. I wonder what she said to your dad that day ???

• unique1
    unique1
    The letter would allow my son to sue the Elders if they disfellowshipped him since he was forced into baptism by his parents at age 13.

I think anyone disfellowshipped could sue for "defemation of character". That is what our friend (my best friend as a child) threatened to do. I don't understand why more people don't do that. The Nullification letter is a good idea. So many of us were just babies when we got baptized.

• blondie
    blondie

Good job, unique1. It is sad that some JW parents have to resort to guilt. But you handled it very well.

Blondie

• Piph
    Piph

Good for you, Unique1! That's totally awesome...I really admire you for that. (I haven't let my parents know how I feel about the org yet...)

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

good for you for standing up for yourself and overcoming the guilt trip

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

OK Unique1, I have only 2 thumbs, and everyone on this forum has 2 as well.

Add them all up:

They are ALL for you!

Way to go , and um...just one more

• talesin
    talesin

good for you, unique 1, that's a big step. gives me shivers to think of being at a convention and surrounded by all that negative energy. now that you have said 'no' once, it'll only get easier (i hope!!!).

CONGRATS

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Way to go, unique1!

Not too longer after I left the org I had a similar thing happen. I had to go to the Bellevue, WA, area for training. Since my parents live there I stayed at their house. This happened to fall on the week of the memorial! Doh! It was kinda hard telling them I wouldn't be going, but they didn't take it as hard as I would have thought.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit