Proud of my stance!!

by unique1 17 Replies latest jw friends

• unique1
    unique1

My parents invited me and my hubby to attend the convention with them this Sunday and go out to dinner afterward. I told my dad I didn't feel like going but thanks for the invite. Later my mom called with the same question. Again I said, don't take it personal, it isn't that I don't want to eat dinner and spend time with you guys, I just have no desire to go to the assembly, perphaps we can do dinner another time. To which my mother replied, I don't take it personal, I just don't know how Jehovah will take it. Then she left it alone. HOORAY!! I finally stood up for myself to my parents!!! It wasn't as bad of a response as I had thought it would be.

THANKS YOU GUYS!! With your support and the support of my hubby I was able to do it. I have been lying to them for years, making up excuses not to attend things. NO MORE.

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl
    I don't take it personal, I just don't know how Jehovah will take it.

This sounds just like something my mother-in-law would say. Jehovah is apparently very sensitive about this kind of thing. . .

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

unique1-

Good for you!!

• Yesterdays Child
    Yesterdays Child

Way to go

• Balsam
    Balsam

Unique1 good for you hon. Knowing your Mother as I do I can imagine how they must be talking about this after they got off the phone. For you to stand up to you Mom like that with her pushy personality was a great strength on your part. I'm proud of you, I know it is hard to stand up to pushy parents. To be willing to no longer be victim of the mind control is not easy. She was hopefully playing on your guilt, but are now showing her you will not be played with. You realize of course that they will blame your husband for taking you away, because he was the first to stop the meetings. You their child will never be seen as having the desire to do this for yourself they will think. They don't realize that you have developed a mind of your own and the strength to express yourself.

I can't tell you how it warms my heart to hear how young people are stand up to their parents influence and freeing themselves from the ropes of the WTS bondage they were raised in. Having watched you grow up I admire your spirit, I knew you were no push over. The strength of your parents resistence is making you stronger and more determined to make your own way.

Warm hugs girl,

Balsam

• unique1
    unique1

Worldlygirl: I almost replied with "Well me and Jehovah had a long talk yesterday and he said it was OK." But I held my tongue. I figured being a smart@ss probably wasn't the best thing at that particular time.

• dedalus
    dedalus

Why would your absence bother Jehoover? He certainly isn't there.

Dedalus

• unique1
    unique1

Good Point Dedalus!

• unique1
    unique1

Thanks Balsam. It is weird having someone here who actually knows my parents. Thankfully I think somebody told them to back off, because they are actually starting to leave me alone. Maybe God sent them a message for me.

• Balsam
    Balsam

I know having ones on here we know personally makes the community feel a little closer and tight knit don't it?

You know the Elders are leaving my oldest son alone after he showed his Dad the Baptism Nullification Letter he was going to have notarized if the Elders kept bothering him. Guess his Dad told the Elders about it, anyway they have left him alone for now. The letter would allow my son to sue the Elders if they disfellowshipped him since he was forced into baptism by his parents at age 13. The Elders can only announce that he was no longer a publisher, and that is all. It has been working in some areas, but he didn't use it just had his Dad read it. Can you imagine how mad his Dad was when he said oh yah Mom is the one that wrote it up for me. LOL LOL

Ruth

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit