did anyone here understand THE MATRIX RELOADED

by Zep 12 Replies latest social entertainment

• Zep
    Zep

seriously???

I got the first one, and thought it was pretty good. Hell, I even understood Mulholand drive. But the matrix sequel is just bullcrap. Theres a whole lot of shit blowing up and lots of dumb car chases...and then when twist FINALLY comes I'm just left with my head spinning.

Can any one please what the hell the architect was talking about at the end of the movie. He talked too fast for me to take it all in! No-one i know understood what the hell he was talking about!!!

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    Hell, I even understood Mulholand drive.

How in the world you understood that movie I will never know. I've seen it twice and I'm stumped!

In any case, here's my take on the Matrix. The architect's first attempt at designing a Matrix was a failure. Yes, it was perfect in design but humans did not accept this utopian world. So the architect redesigned the matrix so that it included human's true past: all of the wars, problems, etc. This resulted in a matrix which produced a world that we would recognize as "normal."

Unfortunately, the way he programmed the matrix made it inevitable that some would recognize the matrix for what it is and "leave." The refugees would collect in the city Zion. Ultimately Zion would be distroyed. After Zion's destruction, a small group would be chosen to rebuild Zion and start the process over. This cycle has happened 5 or 6 times according to the architect.

What is also weird is that Agent Smith was able to "leave" the Matrix. Also, how was Neo able to stop those sentinels while outside of the Matrix? His "special powers" should only work inside the Matrix. My guess is that Zion and everything that appears to be outside the Matrix is actually still in the Matrix. It is just a place designed to hold people that discovered the Matrix and wanted out. Maybe there's a way to get out of the Matrix that contains Zion?

Very odd, yes, but I think it will be fully revealed in the next movie.

Please tell me your take on Mulholland Drive.

• Satanus
    Satanus

There have been 2 or 3 threads on it. There were a few analyses presented.

SS

• Zep
    Zep

drwtsn

yeah, I'm with you on a few of you points. But ultimately more questions are raised than are answered. I got the script of the key scenes in the movie last night, thinking that if i read them I'd understand, but nope. Your stuff about the matrix being too perfect and having to be redesigned with wars etc. makes sense to me.

I read one guy on the net who thinks that neo is actually a program, and BAD, and agent smith is actually the anomally and is GOOD. Then there is some stuff about a matrix with a matrix.

My take on mullholand drive: it was excellent.I wish i had seen it on the big screen. It was all a dream from the start to the blue box bit...duh! I caught onto that when some nutty lady started talking about "someone is in trouble", so the film made sense to me when everything changed. Once you realise its a dream, you just pass everything off as a mish mosh of the girls fantasies and experiences put into a very symbolic form that should be interpreted in light of the girls real life that is shown at the end of the movie. The stuff in the dream that doesn't really fit you just pass off as just the dream --you can over analyse some of mullholand drives symbolic elements. I think some of the stuff isn't meant to be understood, its just there for effect, thats how david lynch works. But the core of the movie makes sense to me....more than the matrix anyhow!

• SYN
    SYN

There's been some discussion about this before (although it's as OT as hell ).

In the intervening time, I've come to some more conclusions.

1. My Reloaded promo leaflet, a glossy print affair, shows Neo and Trinity photoshopped until their skin looks like porcelain. Very interesting.

2. One of the lines in "The Matrix", spoken by one of the crew-members of the Neb when referring to Neo, is: "He's a machine." Watch the movie again, carefully. That's exactly what he says. Freudian slip? Or something more significant?

3. Trinity does type some very interesting things on that keyboard at the end of the movie. Watch closely, friends.

4. The last line Morpheus has in Reloaded is: "I have dreamed a dream, and now that dream has come for me." This also happens to be the last thing that King Nebuchadnezzar says in the Bible.

5. The fact that Neo could stop those Sentinels in "reality" at the end is a bit of a giveaway, really, but the real truth behind Neo and Trinity is IMHO more subtle.

Yes, I'm obsessed. Forgive me.

Have you seen the Animatrix? Some very interesting factoids emerge from there, too...

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Get your dictionary out.... Transcript of Neo's Conversation with the Architect from the Matrix Reloaded

The Architect - Hello, Neo.

Neo - Who are you?

The Architect - I am the Architect. I created the matrix. I've been waiting for you. You have many questions, and although the process has altered your consciousness, you remain irrevocably human. Ergo, some of my answers you will understand, and some of them you will not. Concordantly, while your first question may be the most pertinent, you may or may not realize it is also the most irrelevant.

Neo - Why am I here?

The Architect - Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the matrix. You are the eventuality of an anomaly, which despite my sincerest efforts I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden assiduously avoided, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you, inexorably, here.

Neo - You haven't answered my question.

The Architect - Quite right. Interesting. That was quicker than the others.

*The responses of the other Ones appear on the monitors: "Others? What others? How many? Answer me!"*

The Architect - The matrix is older than you know. I prefer counting from the emergence of one integral anomaly to the emergence of the next, in which case this is the sixth version.

*Again, the responses of the other Ones appear on the monitors: "Five versions? Three? I've been lied too. This is bullshit."*

Neo: There are only two possible explanations: either no one told me, or no one knows.

The Architect - Precisely. As you are undoubtedly gathering, the anomaly's systemic, creating fluctuations in even the most simplistic equations.

*Once again, the responses of the other Ones appear on the monitors: "You can't control me! F*ck you! I'm going to kill you! You can't make me do anything!*

Neo - Choice. The problem is choice.

*The scene cuts to Trinity fighting an agent, and then back to the Architect's room*

The Architect - The first matrix I designed was quite naturally perfect, it was a work of art, flawless, sublime. A triumph equaled only by its monumental failure. The inevitability of its doom is as apparent to me now as a consequence of the imperfection inherent in every human being, thus I redesigned it based on your history to more accurately reflect the varying grotesqueries of your nature. However, I was again frustrated by failure. I have since come to understand that the answer eluded me because it required a lesser mind, or perhaps a mind less bound by the parameters of perfection. Thus, the answer was stumbled upon by another, an intuitive program, initially created to investigate certain aspects of the human psyche. If I am the father of the matrix, she would undoubtedly be its mother.

Neo - The Oracle.

The Architect - Please. As I was saying, she stumbled upon a solution whereby nearly 99.9% of all test subjects accepted the program, as long as they were given a choice, even if they were only aware of the choice at a near unconscious level. While this answer functioned, it was obviously fundamentally flawed, thus creating the otherwise contradictory systemic anomaly, that if left unchecked might threaten the system itself. Ergo, those that refused the program, while a minority, if unchecked, would constitute an escalating probability of disaster.

Neo - This is about Zion.

The Architect - You are here because Zion is about to be destroyed. Its every living inhabitant terminated, its entire existence eradicated.

Neo - Bullshit.

*The responses of the other Ones appear on the monitors: "Bullshit!"*

The Architect - Denial is the most predictable of all human responses. But, rest assured, this will be the sixth time we have destroyed it, and we have become exceedingly efficient at it.

*Scene cuts to Trinity fighting an agent, and then back to the Architects room.*

The Architect - The function of the One is now to return to the source, allowing a temporary dissemination of the code you carry, reinserting the prime program. After which you will be required to select from the matrix 23 individuals, 16 female, 7 male, to rebuild Zion. Failure to comply with this process will result in a cataclysmic system crash killing everyone connected to the matrix, which coupled with the extermination of Zion will ultimately result in the extinction of the entire human race.

Neo - You won't let it happen, you can't. You need human beings to survive.

The Architect - There are levels of survival we are prepared to accept. However, the relevant issue is whether or not you are ready to accept the responsibility for the death of every human being in this world.

*The Architect presses a button on a pen that he is holding, and images of people from all over the matrix appear on the monitors*

The Architect - It is interesting reading your reactions. Your five predecessors were by design based on a similar predication, a contingent affirmation that was meant to create a profound attachment to the rest of your species, facilitating the function of the one. While the others experienced this in a very general way, your experience is far more specific. Vis-a-vis, love.

*Images of Trinity fighting the agent from Neo's dream appear on the monitors*

Neo - Trinity.

The Architect - Apropos, she entered the matrix to save your life at the cost of her own.

Neo - No!

The Architect - Which brings us at last to the moment of truth, wherein the fundamental flaw is ultimately expressed, and the anomaly revealed as both beginning, and end. There are two doors. The door to your right leads to the source, and the salvation of Zion. The door to the left leads back to the matrix, to her, and to the end of your species. As you adequately put, the problem is choice. But we already know what you're going to do, don't we? Already I can see the chain reaction, the chemical precursors that signal the onset of emotion, designed specifically to overwhelm logic, and reason. An emotion that is already blinding you from the simple, and obvious truth: she is going to die, and there is nothing that you can do to stop it.

*Neo walks to the door on his left*

The Architect - Humph. Hope, it is the quintessential human delusion, simultaneously the source of your greatest strength, and your greatest weakness.

Neo - If I were you, I would hope that we don't meet again.

The Architect - We won't.

End Scene

• dedalus
    dedalus
    Hell, I even understood Mulholand drive.

LIAR!

Dedalus

• Zep
    Zep

yeah, well, maybe "UNDERSTAND" is the wrong word. I think i should have said that I "GOT" it instead.

I dont understand why, in the matrix, the machines use humans as batteries. Why dont they just wipe out all the troublesome humans and use chimpanzees or pigs or cows or some other lower lifeform as batteries instead. Sheep would be the best choice because they are so dumb. The matrix for them would consist only of a field of grass...easy to program???? For a Pig it would just be a bunch of mud and for a chimpanzee it would just be a bunch of bananas??????

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Why dont they just wipe out all the troublesome humans and use chimpanzees or pigs or cows or some other lower lifeform as batteries instead

Because that would be too easy and would kill the whole movie plot.

• Satanus
    Satanus

The amount of electricity generated in humans is quite small. Electric eels would have been a good animal choice. Just stick em in water tanks.

There are many other, much better sources. They could install pick ups in the upper and lower atmospheres to tap into the electrical differences. The power of one lightening bolt must be equal to the electrical power generated by billions of human bodies. Then there are fussion, fission, solar, cassimir, etc. I don't get the basic premise. But it still makes a good movie.

SS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit