The WTS Kills Another Child

by Robdar 33 Replies latest watchtower medical

• dmouse
    dmouse

((((((Robyn & Mary))))))

For the life of me, I do not understand how anybody could sacrifice their own child for an organization

They don't, not in their own minds at least. I was in the unfortunate position of nearly losing my only son under similar circumstances. At the age of 18 months his bowel collapsed and he needed a major operation to remove part of it and his appendix. Blood transfusion was a possibility but I signed a form of some kind to say that I would not permit a blood transfusion for him.

What went through my mind, over and over again, was the simple statement 'abstain from blood' - it was a command from God Himself and who was I to reject that?

Of course, I now know the issue is far more complex than that. The trouble is most JWs are ill-informed, yet believe themselves to be well-informed, a very dangerous state of mind to exist in.

My son pulled through. Even so, and even as a JW, my feelings as a parent were still there and I would have been devastated had he died (even believing he was guaranteed a resurrection). It was simply the worst night of my life waiting in the ward. Any JW who sacrifices their children to the blood issue will feel overwhelming grief, just imagine how they would feel if they found it was all in vain.

• mizpah
    mizpah

My wife and I faced the same decision many years ago when our son was born with the RH factor. The procedure in those days meant a complete blood exchange. The doctor told us to make a decision as it was getting critical. Sadly, I must confess that I probably would not have permitted it. But my wife has said in recent years that it was the one time she would have opposed my decision and allowed a transfusion. Fortunately, the doctor told us that the conditon had reversed and that my son was going to be fine. But we both vividly remember the agony and pain that came with this situation. I can only imagine the grief that comes with losing a child.

After leaving the organization, my wife developed a large benign tumor that had to be removed. The doctor again said that blood transfusions were necessary. This time I carefully researched the scriptural aspects of the issue and found it without the aid of the Watchtower publications. It was clear that the Bible did not proscribe blood transfusions. The prohibition in scripture involved shedding of human blood, religious sacrifices or dietary concerns. The lack of information alone should have been enough to leave it to the consciences of every individual and not to the dictates of a religious organization.

Our thoughts and prayers are with every Jehovah's Witness and unbeliever who has lost a member or friend because of refusing a blood transfusion. Our hope is that each Jehovah's Witness will examine the scriptures carefully and thoughtfully and come to the conclusion that the Watctower is wrong. It will save many lives.

• Magneto
    Magneto

Having read quite enough of this thread, I have come once again to the conclusion that the Watchtower Society must be done away with. For the few weeks I have been on this forum I have heard the plight and the stories of you ex witnesses and non witnesses, and it has only deepened my desire to break the tyrranical bonds they hold over my girlfriend and her mother. It sickens me to the core to know that children are most often the victim of the Watchtower's ignoranance. To many times have the children been forced to bare the burden/sacrifice of Watchtower edicts. I call again to thos who would stand against the Watchtower with me and actively seek out any information that could lead to thier downfall. The key my friends is not to be afraid. You cannot simply get out, and get on with your lives. You must rally together and use whatever means necessary to topple the vicious animals who held you all in chains for so very long. Don't just escape them.....PUNISH THEM. Make them pay for that which they have done to you. Make them suffer as you have suffered. An eye for an eye, if you will. Let them see what they have done and then look to them and see if they still have the strength to hold fast to thier ideals. They are animals. And animals, once they are sick and depraved, must be PUT DOWN.

MAGNETO HAS SPOKEN

• avengers
    avengers
    You must rally together and use whatever means necessary to topple the vicious animals who held you all in chains for so very long. Don't just escape them.....PUNISH THEM. Make them pay for that which they have done to you. Make them suffer as you have suffered

Seems as though you have a plan. Care to elaborate?

Andy of the very curious class.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit