Love-Trademark of the christians?

by vesse 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• mizpah
    mizpah

I think that what bothers many of us is that the love demonstrated by most JWs is conditional. It is based upon loyalty to the Watchtower organization. Any person who has left the organization quickly discovers that this "love" evaporates very quickly. Theocratic love turns to hatred.

True love that is described in the Bible is unconditional. I agree that many JWs are bothered by the rules of the Watchtower especially concerning disfellowshipping. Their natural emotions have to be suppressed. But this is the point where they have to make a personal decision. Most choose to obey the organization and follow the rules. This crushes out any normal feelings one may have even toward close family members and friends.

In this respect, Jehovah's Witnesses are to be pitied. Not only do they miss out on a loving relationship with their relatives, but they also fail to appreciate true Christian love that is described in the Bible: "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight with evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."

• Latin assassin from Manhattan
    Latin assassin from Manhattan

I believe it's hypocritical to claim to love God while at the same time, shunning your family members if they have a hard time following the straight and narrow path. It's hard to believe how some JWs attend meetings on Sunday and still find it in themselves to throw their sons/daughters out of the home just because they don't want to live in 'the truth'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit