The other day I was browsing in my local paper, and was greeted by
    the following article:

http://www.leaderpost.com/cgi-bin/LiveIQue.acgi$rec=3637?sports

If anyone out there is a fan of Canadian football, you might find this
    interesting. Apparently, you don't have to be smart to be a football
    player.

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Unlike you, he is smart enough to come into the truth.

• ianao
    ianao

Fred:

---(((so-and-so)))--- Me Too!!!

• bigboi
    bigboi

It's amazing though isn't it? I wonder what explains all these high profile people coming into a religion like the jws. I mean what draws them to that kind of lifestyle?

bigboi

"..... anyone who ignores everyday reality in order to live up to an ideal will soon discover he had been taught how to destroy himself, not how to preserve himself." The Prince. Niccolo Machiavelli.

• JAVA
    JAVA

bigboi,

I understand playing football without a helmet can cause JW injury. I wonder how he'll make it to all the meetings? Perhaps he'll count time by holding up The Watchtower between plays.

--JAVA
    ...counting time at the Coffee Shop

• bigboi
    bigboi

Exactly Java:

I mean I stopped playing footbal whenI was 14 yrs old to "serve God". I even turned down a scholarship to one of the best prep programs in my state to serve Jehovah. Now you see the Williams sisters and other ppl coming into the org. How can they ever have time for field service or meetings if their always travelling etc...

Just another example of how full of shit the whole religion is.

Peace:

Bigboi

"..... anyone who ignores everyday reality in order to live up to an ideal will soon discover he had been taught how to destroy himself, not how to preserve himself." The Prince. Niccolo Machiavelli.

• JAVA
    JAVA

bigboi, We've seen several on this and other forums who gave up scholarships because of the crazy religion. That's a tragedy that keeps hurting throughout life. Have you thought about going back to school, maybe taking one or two courses in the evenings? It was one of the best things I did after exiting the Tower.

--JAVA

• bigboi
    bigboi

thanks Java:

Yeah I'm in school right now as a matter of fact. Taking a course in computer networking. I attend 4 nights a week 6-10:30pm. It's an 18 month program. When I finish I would like to go get my bachelors degree in Computer Science. I'm still young so I can make up for the time really. If I had not wasted so much time with the jws I probably would already have my degree ya know.

• JAVA
    JAVA

bigboi, That's the spirit--living well is the best revenge! Now that you're not going to all the KH meetings, what else is there to do except attend college?

--JAVA

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

If he's rich enough, he'll be allowed to be a good witness. As long as he gets a few hours in FS a month. Oh and contributes to the fund generously. Best to do so with checks so God knows who the $$'s are coming from ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit