Did you place publications with people and without reading them ? follow up

by run dont walk 26 Replies latest jw friends

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

Are right fess up people.

How many of us went in field service and placed literature without even opening the covers ?, let alone reading the articles.

How about following up on a return visit for a magazine you never read ?

I have to admit, I did it many many times.

Maybe we should of went into the used car business.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Sometimes, you know, there were so many Watchtowers and Awakes mixed in with the new/old, that you'd forget what you placed.

I swear I must have placed at least one copy of Chatelaine and MacLeans.

Perish the thought .

• smurfette
    smurfette

I have to admit I seldom to never read the Watchtower in the last few years and would just base my presentation by whatever was on the cover. My best friend and I would always team up and would try to get away with pretending to knock on the door, waiting the appropriate amount of time, then returning to the group declaring a not at home. We amazingly were never caught.

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

I think we have done this smurfette.

And by the way, would like to say

WELCOME !!!!!!!!!!

hope you enjoy it here.

• smack
    smack

every single one. I don't think I ever read one cover to cover.

Steve

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

I know its off topic but check out this site:

http://www.crapco.com/badads/ads/witness.html

Jehovahs witness Protection Program.

Click here to get the full size version

• Undecided
    Undecided

I did it all the time as I think most people did. I didn't have time to read all the stuff they were printing and do all the other work I was assigned to do in the congregation. I remember having to take my lunch hour at work and prepare parts for meetings at times. My brother did this too.

Ken P.

• rocketman
    rocketman

I think alot of jws did. When we met for service, I'd ask for suggestions on what to say about the mags, and most folks would start flipping through or just look down.

Who can blame them though? With all the stuff they are required to do, who had time?

• Brummie
    Brummie

I used to eventually read all of those flamin things. But often on the doors (if I hadnt yet read it) I would draw attention to the statement "Announcing Jehovahs Kingdom" and talk about the kingdom..lol.

Most of the time we could judge what the content of the magazine was going to be just by reading the title anyways.

Brummie

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

I have always had a very busy schedule. Between school, homework, and working part-time I only had time to read Cosmopolitan. I don't know how I could fit in 4 boring WT and Awake magazines to read each month. No way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit