What did you learn as a JW?

by JH 23 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

With 5 meetings a week plus field service, and additional reading of the bible and watchtower literature, what did you learn after all these years in the JW organization? Did we need all those meetings and time and effort just to know some simple details?

In all these years I spent there, this is just about all I can say I learned there:

1. God's name is Jehovah

2. Jesus is his son

3. The trinity doesn't exist

4. We are living the end times

5. 144,000 will live in heaven

6. The rest of people will live on the earth forever, unless they disobey

7. A few verses on what God likes and hates

8. The names of a few biblical people

9. 99.9% of people will be destroyed at armageddon

What did you learn in all these years as a JW? Did it really take all these meetings to know this?

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Looking over your list, a lot of what you "learned" is simply Watchtower dogma, and completely unsupportable by reason or scripture. Hope you've "unlearned" most of it...

Wasn't it Mark Twain who said, "It isn't the things we don't know that will hurt us, but the things we know that ain't so"?

• Austrian
    Austrian

1-Elders daughters are sluts

2-How to cover up smoke smell

3-How to cover up alcohol smell

4-How to fake sincerity

5-Not to have one as a business partner

6-How to corrupt "goody goody" Jbubs

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I learned how to be frustrated. I learned how to impress people. I learned how not to lead my own life. I learned that Jehovah's Witnesses are not happy, loving people when they're walking up someone's doorsteps. I learned that I should never be able to taste medium rare steak. I learned how to be ashamed of who I am.

• nobody told me
    nobody told me

I learned that the message at the door is far different than the reality at the hall

• libra_spirit
    libra_spirit

Only a couple things to add.

Most dubs would rather fight then switch,

grey matter is never to be used only "correctly programmed"

• unique1
    unique1

Oh my god Austrian, that is so TRUE!!!!

I also learned that baggy pants were evil along with skirts above the knee. God doesn't want to see the knees he created.

• Redneck
    Redneck

I was taught by an elder how to study people to see what they were getting into and manipulate them to get information...

And everything Austrian said

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

i learned that asking questions is proof that you're faithless and no good that learning adequate social skills is unnecessary, that the proof that you have a conscious is the fact that you feel guilty all the time for every near-transgression that being a great actress is more important than actually learning about god.

• Brummie
    Brummie

JH I learned all those things, and then I unlearned them. Can barely believe I ever sat there and believed it..

2-How to cover up smoke smell

3-How to cover up alcohol smell

4-How to fake sincerity

ROFLMAO.

Brummie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit