Out of their own mouth

by uriah 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• rocketman
    rocketman

A few years back I posed a question to the group at a meeting for field service: 'Is the FDS inspired?' Several of the jws there thought they were, and were surprised to find out they are not. It's statements like the one mentioned here that get people to think that they are inspired, that Jehovah is actually giving them direct information.

• uriah
    uriah

It is the way that the language is used at meetings. Coercive words like 'loyal' as in 'Loyal ones don't question the F&DS'. No one wants to be thought of as disloyal, especially if you back it up with examples from the past and tie it in with the comment, e.g. 'Loyal ones won't have the same fate as Korah who showed a rebellious stubborn shoulder to Jehovah, not wanting to march shoulder to shoulder with Jehovahs loyal people!'. Great use is made of labelling, despite the Awake! article on not doing it. Example from the press was a shopkeeper did not give a reduction and was termed 'Skinflint Shopkeeper Joe Bloggs......', whereas another person might get 'caring Fergy.....'. Without knowing these people we have had our opinions formed about them by clever use of words. Hence 'Jehovah Himself has prepared this banquet....' so the 'loyal' witness is conditioned and no doubt feels guilty if he or she finds the banquet not quite to their liking, not that they can say so because they are 'Loyal' and so they pray to God to be a better person and to help remove all 'Dis-loyal' thoughts. Mind control par-exellance.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Uriah

Your last post was very concise. I think I'll use that on my sister and her husband some day.

ash

• uriah
    uriah

Ash, thank you, hope it helps.

• simplesally
    simplesally

What's funny is that they say the WT and Awake! are not inspired, neither are the WTS publications. This is how they can make a claim and when it does not come true, they again say, that's because on the Bible is inspired. OK, so that's fine. The part that is hypocritical is that they say Jehovah is feeding the JW's thru means of the "bountiful spiritual table" provided by the FDS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit