What will the future generations of JW's be like ? will there be any ?

by run dont walk 16 Replies latest jw friends

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

it has been eluded to in a couple of other topics,

let's face it the young generation of JW's are getting smaller and smaller, and very few "new ones" coming into the fold.

What will the Watchtower's tactics be, to keep this farce going another 100 years let alone 10 years ???

change 1914 to 1993 ???? suck people in again.

unlimited heavenly class ????

blood ???? for those who really need it ????

what do you think ???

How will they keep it going ? and keep people believing ?

or will it start to fall apart and all what you will see at the Kingdom Hall will resemble an old age home.

• metatron
    metatron

As long as they can gather fear driven, emotionally damaged, fantasy guided

lower income people, they'll always be a Watchtower.

It may evolve rather like the Catholic church - an apathetic flock that shows up

in jeans for Mass at 10am Sunday and ignores the Vatican.

My question is: are they becoming 'too stupid to live'? SOMEBODY has to have

real education and hard skills amidst years of Theocratic dumbing down - otherwise

the organization just would careen from one scandal to the next, mindlessly...

oops! they seem to be doing that already!

metatron

• rocketman
    rocketman

Young people are going to college instead of pioneering, getting jobs instead of going to bethel, and pursuing normal lives instead of reaching out. I don't think the future looks good.

When I was an elder, we had no youths pioneering in our congregation, and no young brothers "reaching out", and going to bethel was virtually unheard of in our locale.

• dobby
    dobby

My mother-in-law just got back from her convention. She said she had never seen a group like this before. She said everyone looks like they are getting up in age - she had never seen so many canes and walkers.

Unfortunately, the WT will always find a way to re-invent itself so I don't think it will go away that easily. BUT I do believe very few if any people who grew up as JW's will continue. There is just too much info out there and young people today are far more skeptical.

• Austrian
    Austrian

The young jdubs I grew up with that are still "active" really only go because of social reasons. Either they are afraid to leave because of shunning or they are scared of starting out socially again. And I would venture to say that the generation of dubs that were after me, 20 - 25 year old ones, about 80% of these are already out of the borg. Like everyone has been saying the internet, college, and just having more knowedge is really going to cut the numbers in the developed nations...

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

What I've noticed is that a lot of the ones who were brought up in the troof end up going out and exploring the "world". The thing is, they have no clue how to deal with reality, they end up making mistakes, and then their still brainwashed minds tell them "The troof was a protection for you". Then they think "Oh f***! I'd better get back to the Kingdom Hall before Armageddon comes! They were right all along".

However, the internet will provide the answer to "who are Jehovah's Witnesses". One comes to some young person's door who has never heard of them, and recieves a Watchtower magazine. Then to find out what JWs are all about, they do a search on the internet for "Jehovah's Witnesses". Then sites like silentlambs.org pop up, they educate themselves, and turn down the Witness next time they come to the door. Programs like Dateline and The Fifth Estate are also reaching the public big time.

• Englishman
    Englishman
    unlimited heavenly class ????

Now that is a good one. Think of those disappointed oldies who've given up on seeing the New World in their lifetime. My Mum for one.

Maybe they could do a sort of elite thing, you know 144,000 automatic qualifiers + a probationary period for the plebs. The Goodies would earn their place with the 144,000, say as gofors or similar, the R + F could be later demoted back to earth once it was all cleared up and desperate for some nookies, the die-hards left for Satan, who still has at least 1000 years to live, unlike everyone else.

Yeah!

Englishman.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I do believe that as time goes by, the "new generation" of witness will experience less service time, more df'ings, more people da'ing themselves, less meeting attendance, etc.

Too many people going online these days just to browse around. There will be many just looking for actual JW site and will come across information they never knew existed.

There will be a major downsizing of the organization. I just hope it happens soon, and involves the ones that I particularly care about getting out.

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

Too many people going online these days just to browse around. There will be many just looking for actual JW site and will come across information they never knew existed.

you hit it on the head freedom !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have learned more in the past year then in the last 20 years.

And Englishman, I will start another thread on the heavely class scenario, please read it, I think you will have some great input, will start Friday.

• ninecharger
    ninecharger

Somewhere on a thread I posted my arguments proving that JWs are an evolutionary dead-end. I don't know where though, and I don't know how to cut and paste it anyway...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit