Quesions about Jehovah

by the real truth 54 Replies latest watchtower bible

• the real truth
    the real truth

I am not writing these quetions to offend anyone, I am just seeking honest answers. Will you Jehovah's Witnesses help me in finding answers?? * John 1:1. How many Gods are there? The most famous distortion in the NWT is John 1:1. The NWT inserts the word "a" in front of the second God in this verse. So the NWT reads "In the beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god." Obviously this is to denigrate Jesus. Clearly "a god" is referring to Jesus too. Any objections? Go to Isaiah 44:6,8 and read it. There is only 1 God. Am I correct? I am not going against any beliefs by saying there is one God. Read John 1:1 out loud and answer me. "a god" definitely refers to Jesus, even though they didn't capitalized God like they should have to make is seem like Jesus wasn't God. Now answer me this, since it refers to Jesus as "a god", then is Jesus a true God or a False God??? I'm sorry if this offend you all in any way, but I need answers badly. Can you answer my question without getting mad?

• amac
    amac
    Any objections?

Yes. The bible is ambiguous at best and a convoluted confusional mess at worst on this topic. There are plenty of Trinity threads on this site where it is argued to death, and as usual with no clear conclusion. Search those and you may find the answers you are looking for my son.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Doesn't the Bible actually say that there are "many Gods" (1 Cor 8:5)?

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Yup, you said it Amac.

Doing a Search via the search feature here will give you loads of threads on the subject.

They can be argued to death with no one agreeing no matter what is presented.

That may be a wise idea. Have fun with your search (the real truth).

• City Fan
    City Fan

Psalms 82:1 says:

God has taken his place in the divine council; in the midst of the gods he holds judgment (Revised standard version)

So the bible itself says there are many gods.

• happyout
    happyout

Hi "the real truth"

I am not sure you are aware, but this is not a Pro-Jehovah's Witness site. The vast majority of posters on this board are former Jehovah's Witnesses, and some are atheists, born again Christians, etc. There are a few, but I just wanted to let you know.

My personal opinion about there being one God is, he's not a very nice entity or father or whatever to allow all this suffering for all this time. It is immaterial to me if there are one or many, the job is not getting done.

Happyout

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

the offical jw reply is ............ there is one almighty god and then jesus is a god of lesser power and pretty much the rest are fakes or angels or demons. draw your own conclusions tho

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl

I'm with you, happyout. Why is the trinity issue such a big deal to everyone, anyway? I know the Witnesses say you have to pray to Jehovah in the name of Jesus, etc., but do you really think God is that petty? If they're the same, fine. If not, fine. In the grand scheme of things, I just don't think it makes much difference.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    I'm sorry if this offend you all in any way, but I need answers badly. Can you answer my question without getting mad?

You visited an authentic JW site, didn't you? :)

Anyway, I'm not offended. You have your own free will to interpret this scripture. Personally, I think the word is a bird, bababa bird, bird, bird is a word.

But on a serious note, I think that any angel is a god - they're superior beings. Satan is a god, the angels are gods, the 144,000 are men (LOL!), and God is a god. Personally, I don't know how the rankings work with superior beings, even though the book "Revelation - It's Grand Climax" tried to explain it (and did a lousy job).

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

The trinity doctrine developed post 300ce as the jws contend. However they dismiss the fact that a dualistic notion that ascribed godship to jesus was endorsed by the writer of John and the redactor of Revelation. Later additions to the text such as At Matt 28,"father son and holy spitit" and 1 John 5:7 were made by Catholic editors early to late 4th century to support the new and improved version of Jesus. (ie trinity).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit